Party Time!

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Thought I'd copy today's update here in order to spread some excitement..

It's August and that means we're only ten days away from the CIC's fourth birthday! The big party sure snuck up on us quick this year. If you haven't already, clear your schedules for the evening of Saturday, August 10. Things officially start coming together in #Wingnut on DALnet at 7:00 pm EST (4:00 pm PST and 11:00 pm GMT). At that point we begin the 60 minute count down to the big moment, but feel free to stop by earlier to informally chat with dozens of other Wing Commander fans. As usual, we'll also be giving away numerous birthday presents and door prizes to commemorate the event. In addition to the standard batch of figures, novels, games and other goodies, Joe and Paula of the Origin Museum have put together a fantastic Wing Commander IV patch display courtesy of Adam Foshko. Five of these beautiful displays will be among the items given away during the festivities.
patches1t.jpg

We're already starting to see some of those old familiar faces popping up more and more in anticipation of the party. Don't hestitate to drop by #Wingnut early to get used to the interface and make sure your time syncs with ours.

Many of you have sent in updates for our Fan Directory that hasn't been updated in a while. If your update is not there or if you would like to change something, now's the time to resend your bio in. Pictures are especially welcome. If you are also working on a fan project or have something else to contribute to coincide with our birthday, please get in touch with us as soon as possible. We hope each and every one of you can make it!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow....that prize is impressive....

I've been there the past few years, but I might not be able to make it this year :( *WORST POSSIBLE DAY EVER*

I'm still going to try to stop by for awhile though. I can probably make it for the countdown 7:00 to 8:00 est.

As usual I can't make it.:mad: Im either working or out of town each time. This time I'm out of town. Very sad. Maybe someone will be nice enough to send me a log of events!!:) Any volunteers?

I'd love to be there!

I would really love to be at the party... but unfortunately I think I am going out with some women! So if nuthin I'll be with chics... which is cool, but since this only comes once a year it annoys me that I wont be around. GRR!

Originally posted by Zor Prime
As usual I can't make it.:mad: Im either working or out of town each time. This time I'm out of town. Very sad. Maybe someone will be nice enough to send me a log of events!!:) Any volunteers?

I will mail you the log...that of course if you answer my mail!:)

Even just being there for the countdown is great.. we'll be giving away prizes during that time as well. Also, we may be able to give out an absentee prize or two as well, like we did last year. I doubt one of the nice framed Joe patch things would be available for that though. Additionally, if you could make it part of the time, maybe you would still be eligible if you stayed logged into irc and just let us know you would have to step out for a while. And we do usually make a log of events available. The past years are online, though currently somewhat inaccessible. I plan to link those in the next birthday party reminder.

I'll be there as I have been the past few years. Shame I won't see you there Ladiesman. It's been a while since we chatted on IRC :(

Originally posted by WildCat
I'll be there as I have been the past few years. Shame I won't see you there Ladiesman. It's been a while since we chatted on IRC :(

Well, i'll be there AT LEAST for the countdown....I could stay logged on though, and perhaps pop in from time to time....

I'm thinking though, I could probably stay from 7:00 to 9:00, if things are going well.

I'm going out of my way to make it this year because I missed it last year!

It's been real fun the last few years (and i've come out with quite a bounty to boot...Fleet Action, a Kilrathi General Action figure and a Blair postcard!)

I'm really gonna cut as far into my schedule as I possibly can to stay as long as I can.

Originally posted by Ender
Thisthing is on a saturday night? Nope- won't make it.

The last three years people complained because it was on a weekday. :(

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, like you have a life that keeps you away from your comp on a saturday ;) (just kiddin')

Anyway, I'd be there if my spare time hadn't been cut by these fucking exams. Can you believe I've got to redo 8???

Maybe I'll pop in for a minute or 2, but don't hold yer breath (as I am sure nobody will :D )

Originally posted by Talyn 83
quote:

Yeah, like you have a life that keeps you away from your comp on a saturday ;) (just kiddin')

Actually, yes. I will be picking up my hot girlfriend from her shitty job, after having spent the entire day at a festival doing my photographer thing. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go the equipment cage draw my gear.

(Yea, I saw the "j/k," I just can't resist the opportunity to gloat aboiut the gf. And, now that her comp is fixed, I'm gonna start training her to fly my wing.)

Only in your dreams, reality is far worse. It works and he'll be there, just to scare you away.

Back