Papercraft Hornet

Malcolm Reynolds

Rear Admiral
http://www.zealot.com/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=28447&entry=95

I don't know if anybody has seen this and discussed it already, but it's a absolutly cool paper model of a Hornet from Wing Commander 1. Just thought I'd share.

Hornet1.jpg

I like how it's a fighter on the flight line being moved with a tractor...very cool!

I sent this guy an e-mail to see if I could get my hands on whatever PDF's or other images he might have created to build this. I don't know if he made it pepercraft style or if he made it from scratch but--fingers are crossed!

I'm sure our own resident PaperCommander, Pericles would love to check this stuff out.

That's cool, the paint job reminds me of the pirate fighters in WCIV.

Any pirate Hornets in the universe...(?)...LOAF? :D

Actually I think this might be one of Pericles earlier projects. I saw a picture on his website that looks a hell of a lot like this one. If it is him, he needs to put that shit in a downloadable form! The Hornet's by far my favorite looking ship.

Very cool! Gomide is Pericles' real name, and that looks like one of his first Wing Commander ships. I believe there were several of his earliest designs that he didn't post for whatever reason (either because they were lost or that they weren't up to his latest standards), but that ship looks great!

One of my old front page updates mentioned the Hornet, but it doesn't look like a finished version was ever released. He sneakily posted it as his Crius profile page image: http://www.crius.net/zone/member.php?u=5171 :)

I shot him an email a while back but it doesn't look like he's going to reply. It's a shame he seems to go off the grid and then reappear out of no where with a new model. Well, looks like I'll just have to scratch build my own Hornet.

Post to his PaperCommander threads. He's usually good about responding. You can probably open communications that way.

You mean just find one of his old threads and comment on it? Would he get a notification? I feel like he wouldn't be looking at those old threads. Sorry, I'm new here.

Just received this e-mail from Papercommander:

"The Hornet is a very old model...

At the moment not avaliabe for download...

But I work in a better version..."

Sounds like a Hornet is in the works!

It is kind of cool to see the project that started Pericles on the path that lead him here! The early work of a genius artist.

Thats amazing ........!!:eek:

How could the *new* version be better ? :)

Maybe he has some other interesting old stuff hidden :p

Back