Palen missions: Which demon?

Dragonfly

Spaceman
So the first Palen mission has me breaking the blockade (there was a Blockade? Didn't see one) by attacking some hunter's demon around nav 1.

1) There is no 'Nav 1'
2) The mission objectives only tell me to go to Palen. I'm there. No demons.
3) The system is thick with Kats, which is no big because I'm friendly with them. But it's also thick with hunters and their demons... none of which are attacking me, moving toward Palen, or in any way acting like members of some blockade.

So which one do I kill? They'll flying all over the flarggin' system shooting down Kats.

- Dragonfly

That's funny. I had that problem in the Oxford missions, where I was supposed to protect this Drayman, but the demons didn't show as hostiles on my dashboard, as I had been friendly to them to that point. I had to go to Palan first and kill dozens of hunters, to get them to hate me, then go back to Oxford.
But if you just finished oxford, and are friendly to the kats, hunters should hate you by now. Maybe press 4 and insult them a bit.

This is something that probably needs fixing in the vegastrike engine, for it to work with Privateer. In the original, any flightgroup you have to deal with in a mission they become your enemies for the duration of that mission; overriding the fact that you may be friendly to that faction. But in the remake, this doesn't seem to be so.

I believe you have to kill all the Demons with Hunter as their designation. Even if they're green. It should say this in your mission screen.

Good luck.
This was the hardest mission I had to face until I came to the end of RF. :C

It's not one Demon you have to kill. It's all of them. The fact that Kilrathi happen to be there is a limitation of the remake right now. In the original, random AI appearances were disabled at plot-related waypoints. In the Remake, they are not, and so sometimes you see things like those Kilrathi flying around.

Back