Palan Mission 1

JKeefe

Spaceman
I finally beat this thing, which was hanging me up in 009b. It invloved running away in my Demon (which I beleive is the only purchasable ship that can actually run away from Demons because it can match speed). Then, I targetted the nearest pursuing ship, turned around, and let loose a Tachyon burst from 6,000 or 7,000 out. I'd stay there as long as I though my shiled could hold up, turn away, let the shileds recharge, and repeat. It took a while.

But the reason for this post is not to tell boring tactics stories. These Demons are in a swarm (7-10 ships, I beleive), and sometimes they got nasty towards each other. Quite often I would hear shield and armor hits while I was running away, and 2 or 3 times ships blew up without the influence of my Tachyon cannons. Either the ships were running into each other in their high-speed pursuit, or they were shooting through each other in their attempts to hit me with their guns.

I suppose a third possibility exists, as well - one of the above happened, and then two or more ships becasme hostile to each other and went off to fight amongst themselves. Can this happen?

yes this can happen

if one guy hits the other guy too much (especially in a faction with low allegience like our good hunters) then they can end up getting into a catfight ;-)...err hunterfight

hellcatv said:
yes this can happen

if one guy hits the other guy too much (especially in a faction with low allegience like our good hunters) then they can end up getting into a catfight ;-)...err hunterfight

If you string a large group out chasing you, they often fire on you without regard for anyone who might be in the way, and they sometimes collide, setting up fights.

I think the AI has some problems with collisions in general.
Once I hired three Merchant wingmen, got three Talons , ordered them to build formation and during flight heard the sound of ships constantly crashing into each other.
When I reached the first jump point, two of them exploded and the third was heavily damaged.. now that was money well spent ;-)

Back