P2 SOS #17 CIS Carrier Forgen; No Reward?

Storm

Spaceman
In Privateer 2, the last SOS mission (SOS mission # 17, "CIS CARRIER FORGEN");

No matter how I work it, I don't seem to ACTUALLY receive a reward, even though I DO get the pop-up message "REWARD 4000 Cr".

In this mission, you defend a Military Carrier ("Forgen") at NAV 180 against 10 Lasertowers, then take out 3 Temblers when they appear. An escape pod then appears; you tractor it in and " ... drop it off in Hades local space ... ".

I've tried dropping it off (ejecting it with the 'y' key) as soon as I reach NAV 6 / Hades. (I get the E-Mail alarm, then an E-Mail indicating success, and then the reward message). No reward (It is supposed to be 4000 Cr).

I've tried dropping it off when I am in range of Hades Planetary Control (very close to the planet, landing range). (I get the E-Mail alarm, then an E-Mail indicating success, and then the reward message). No Reward.

I've tried landing WITH the escape pod; during the landing I briefly hear the E-mail alarm. Upon landing... no messages, no nothing... (except for one double negative).

Any joy on this?

There is ONE thing that I forgot to check before; (I am currently playing the game over again, I just worked my way up to a fully loaded Friej Mk II, just started doing the SOS missions, just finished SOS #1 "CIS CODE 3 TOP PRIORITY"). MAYBE the player inappropriately gets paid when he scoops up the escape pod at NAV 180? I dunno, when I get to that mission again I will pay closer attention.

... or, the mission is glitched, or, there is something I am missing.

Yeah, you get paid after you save the Forgen, I think. I remember getting a reward after I cleared the towers.

Thanks, Bob. I'll pay more attention to the mission next time around and make a note in my copy of the Strategy Guide.

Back