P1 and sound card..

Oldun

Spaceman
Sorry it took so long to get back, but Privateer and this new machine seem intent on not getting together.

P3 1G 512Ram WindowsSE. SB Live value sound card and that is the problem. Cannot get sound.

Used P2 gateway to dos..

Config.sys
DOS=SINGLE
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DOS=HIGH
DOS=UMB
FILES=50
FILES=50
LASTDRIVE=K
DEVICEHIGH=\SAMSUNG\SSCDROM.SYS /D:SSCD000

Autoexec.bat
@ECHO OFF
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 H5 P330 T6
SET CTSYN=C:\LIVEWARE
C:\PROGRAMFILES\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBINIT.COM
SET WINDIR=C:\WINDOWS
SET WINBOOTDIR=C:\WINDOWS
SET COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
SET PROMPT=$P$G
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
PROMPT $P$G
PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
LH C:\SB16\DIAGNOSE /S
LH C:\SB16\MIXERSET /P /Q
LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:SSCD000
LH C:\MOUSE.COM
CLS
ECHO
ECHO
ECHO
ECHO
ETC.

C:\PRIV_MSG.COM

C:\
CD C:\
CALL C:\COMMAND.COM

Everytime I try to use it, it gets me to dos, but says blaster line is wrong (?). Text goes by so fast, can't see everything. Tried to install P2 .. will not find sound card.

I have had privateer on every machine I have had since it came out and I really like the game. Please help.

Thanks.

Joystick

Forgot to mention I use a MS feedback joystick... haven't even tried to deal with that yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First thing first. You are trying to get P1 and not P2 working. Your Subject saids P1 but you keep typing P2. In you autoexec.bat you are trying to load drivers for SB16 and sblive cards. This is wrong.

Also where is the SBINI.COM file? You has a c:\liveware and
C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBINIT.COM Which one is correct? Is your mouse driver really located on the root of c:?

P1 and Sound Card - again.

No, what I was trying to say was that I used the setup to dos called "Gateway" on the Privateer 2 disc - seemed simpler that way. Also, I tried to put Privateer 2 on my hard drive without success becuase the program could not find the sound card. I tried to do put P2 on the drive because I though it might find the sound card and solve the problem.

Thx.

Try to Download some patch for your Sound Card, to work in DOS, but i don´t know if the Live! works very well ?

Back