P/SO ship editer preferences?

OK. I've visually searched the forum for this topic, and I didn't notice it. If this topic is another dead horse to beat, I'm just gonna stick to posting "LOL :D " in joke threads, cause it's what I do everywhere else. *shrug*

I assume it's safe to say most everyone here has Prophecy/Secret Ops and the ship editing program (WCPedit) for them. What are your favorite/preferred modifications to ships?

When I don't feel like indulging in the "superiority" of space superiority fighter, I usually fly a pirahna with a dust cannon in the center slot and the standard ion cannons on the left and right slots, as well as 6 artemis missiles and four dumb fires. I've lowered the rear shield power a bit, lowered the rear armor, added about 25% to the gun caps, and bumped the top speed up about 10%. I added a little bit of afterburner fuel too...but not much. I increased pitch and yaw, but decreased thrust and afterburner acceleration, as well as top speed. The pirahna just looks cool.

Now, in the "I just wanna blow things up" category I have a Wasp interceptor with 999 gun pool, 999 recharge, 999 afterburner fuel, 999...well, you get the idea.

I also have a "just plain ludicrous" fighter- a moray with twin plasma guns (modified to shoot about as fast as the chain ion cannon), 999 gun energy, and 50 Pike Torpedoes.

Anyone else enjoying some off the wall fighters?

The only thing I modified on the Vampire ship (WCP) was its weapons, using some of the non-labled weaponry (white puff balls) and gave them a damage rating equal to the tachyon guns. Benefit from that was the white puff fireballs had a better range and speed, and the sound they made was not so loud compared to the tachyons or other guns.

Didnt mess with the WCP/SO edit much, tho IMO the default weapons on the ships used way too much energy for such little damage effect, especially on the Panther. That craft would have been better off with the WCP default weapons in the SO game.

I haven't used WCPedit for a long time. It - or some other editor - seems to muck around with the game so that some things blow up as soon as I enter the area. For example, the two Orcas where Dallas says something like, "Those destroyers are huge, Casey! Hope our Shrikes can handle them", and Luyten Station (vital for the winning track) in WCSO.

As it should! I just haven't had the time to work out what the exact cause of the problem is yet (even though this is a very old problem for me). I think the Kyoto Rose also blows up prematurely in the "Friends in Need" mission too.

WCPedit. Oh, it was a long, long time ago - I think the problem may actually lie in one of Locke's old patches.

For me, I changes the stats so the Vamp'll move slightly better then the Panther. That ship is just too manueverable for my tastes. I also cut the armor down a bit. But I never could get the Cerberus' plasma turret stats changed to my liking (I was trying to make it so it'll refire as fast as the Dust Cannon *Evil Grin*)

I did that with the devastator...just for kicks and all. Eventually it got to the point where there were so many plasma bolts on screen the game crashed.

that's when I knew I had a problem.

Hello, I'm Dustin, and I'm a plasmaholic.

Colonel Sanders said:
I did that with the devastator...just for kicks and all. Eventually it got to the point where there were so many plasma bolts on screen the game crashed.

that's when I knew I had a problem.

Hello, I'm Dustin, and I'm a plasmaholic.

Nice. <G>. I just replace my Dev with a Dragon.
I do recall converting the Cerberus' turrets to be Dust turrets.
But the game crashed when I "upped" the Swarmers fire rate and number of rockets. Apparently, they have a 250 limit on "live" rocket-fire.
I love the Dust cannon. :)

Switch a Devestator with a Piranha, change the piranha to cary torps, and have 4 tachyon guns which fire just as fast as the Dust cannon, and have some fun.

I think I'll just modify my Panther to have 10,000 shields and some equally ridiculous gun recharge rate . . . and afterburner stock. Then I'll just . . . go mad, I guess.

how do you get so many enemies at a single point? It'd be good for some time trial missions!!!! anyone care to share?

only way I can think of would be to switch the Ray Cluster around so they have Devil Rays instead of Remoras...and then switch the Ray and the moray so there's a bunch of Cluster Rays...?

I mostly used WCPedit to switch ships so that I could fly Kilrathi or Nephilim Ships.
Sometimes I also beefed up the Nephilim ships to be a challenge compared with Confed fighters but you then get a problem in the missions where they totally outnumber you.

Back