Our Glasses Are Always Half Full (July 11, 2012)

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
One Wing Commander prop I always craved were the glasses we see being used in the TCS Victory and TCS Lexington's Rec Rooms. After Wing Commander IV, I remember being in 8th grade and writing a letter to the Origin offices asking about getting one of these glasses. I never did hear back from them, but today I can take the word of Pix that they are nice glasses.

I always thought these looked like blue plastic in the game but it is real glass and a lot better looking in real life than I was expecting. I vaguely recall there being plenty of them on the bar set but I?ve no idea if any have survived outside of those 3.

Check out the full story over at Pix's Origin Adventures.

The CIC produced their own glasses a few years back as well. So I wasn't the only one who desired to raise a glass for the Confederation!

--
Original update published on July 11, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky enough to get one of those from Rhea back in November 2011. It sure looks very nice and is made of real glass. The logo is very high quality too.
Mine came with something that looks like dryed out coke on the bottom. I wonder if that was from the set...

Cobalt blue glass with a golden confed star on it sure looks nice!

But I would also like to have a brown ceramic bowl roughly shaped like a human skull with a red enameled Kilrathi logo on it so I can drink Kilrathi-style. :D

yeah, but I think I can also remember a scene in a book (presumably Freedom Flight) where one of the Kilrathi is lapping up his drink from a bowl.

yeah, but I think I can also remember a scene in a book (presumably Freedom Flight) where one of the Kilrathi is lapping up his drink from a bowl.

Yeah, IIRC, that was the scene where K'Kai went to visit Kirha at the space station for the first time; the Firekka's Finest helped settle Kirha's stomach from all the interrogation drugs the Confees were giving him.

I still need to get a CIC glass. :D

Looking at the blue ones though, makes me wonder if we should get a short production run like we've done with a few other fan projects.

Back