Other races besids Kilrathi, Human, Nephillim, and Firekkans?

Arcadian15

Spaceman
What other races have been noted in the WC universe beside the Kilrathi, Human, Nephillim, and Firrekkans? I know the Kilrathi took out a few on their side of the galaxy, and fought some others. I'm looking mostly for any intellegent races, but if there are planets that are inhabited by nonintellegent creatures that might be helpful to know.

additional: specifics please.

what are the races like? are they still around? technology level? I'm looking for some bkgd info for wc stories

Originally posted by Napoleon
hari, mantu, varni, duros (or some such)

hari=a race that didn;'t have jump abilities, but traveled by conventional travel making a reletivly large empire exterminated by the kilrathi many years before the war (extinct)

mantu=extremely advanced faught kilrathi to a standstill several times, kilrathi diefied them

varni=race kilrathi fought right before TC/K war a few escaped, reletivly equivalent to TC or KE at start of war.

Duros (or whatever)=primitive

new race I remembered
Shari=race that gave kilrathi jump tech, kilrathi exterminated them (extinct)

The Shari, as you call them, don't exist. The race that gave the Kilrathi jump technology has two names, due to two different books. One name given is the Shata, the other is the Utara, though I may be mispelling the last one. Please correct if I am. I don't have my novels at college with me, but I think I recall that the Utara is the name given in Fleet Action where Kirha is at the Gallagher's with Bear, Hunter, and the rest. Shata is the name given in Action Stations. Someone may want to check the novels to be sure and get an entirely correct answer.
However, I'm not sure if these two races are one in the same, due to a continuity error on the author's part, or whether somehow two races were involved. I believe that each novel states that it's respective race gave the Kilrathi space and the ability to travel using jump points. That's my best info for now. Hope this helps

This list was posted some time ago, don't ask me whre all those races are mentioned (most in the novels) and from many we just know their names, nothing else.
The Mopok Race
The Firekkan Planetary Alliance
The Nephilim
The Double Helix Race
The Steltek
The Mantu
The Utara
The Hari
The Varni
The Wu
The Eyoka
The Jarma
The Hagarin
The Gorth
The Sorn
The Yan
The Ka
The Shata

Also, in the WCA cartoons:
Dioscuri, Dolosians, Oasians

I think we explained the Shata/Utara thing (and the time difference, too!) when we did the timeline by saying one of them brought space technology and one of them brought jump technology <G>

Well, what we've seen of the Steltek show them to be rather like the "Lavos" entity from the SNES game Chrono Trigger... same mouth/eye/whatever, certainly.

The Mopokes are rather like the Dwarves of old Terran myth, ex the beards. They are also red-skinned.

The Double-Helix are mentioned in passing in WCI, and they are described as crab-like.

Since the WCI add-ons are the ONLY WC games I've never played :( , I can't tell you what a Firekkan exactly looks like, though I do know that they are avian (i.e., descended from birds.)

Firekkan's were initally described as big parakeets in 'Freedom Flight', but Hunter thought they looked more like hawks.
And if I'm not mistaken someone in Fleet Action said they looked like parrots, so that really helps us :(

Mav: Theres a picture of them inside the ordering pamphlet from WC2 Collector's CD.

Spaced: Yes! Chrono Trigger! Hail! :D

Back