Original Wing Commander

renokid0669

Spaceman
I'm hoping that somebody can help. I am trying to track down a copy of the original Wing Commander. I am not a real follower of the sereies, just somebody who really ebjoyed that game a long time ago and would like to find another one. If anybody knows where you can buy or download on please let me know, Thanks!!

I you buy the original version, not Kilrathi Saga, you will need to use it in Dos mode. I suggest you make sure you have the hardware requirements, since a lot of people have problem with Sound Blaster Live, mouse, joystick... Playing these old games can be a real pain in the butt and since you said you're not a big fan, I suggest you check out the Tech Support Section, before you spend some money on something that wont work.

http://www.crius.net/zone/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3

Take care.

Building a computer that runs WC perfectly probably costs about 25 dollars. Add to that the cost of WC, plus shipping, you're looking at like, 35 dollars. It's not such a big deal.

Also, it was released on the Super Nintendo. If you have one, or can pick one up somewhere, you can get that and the Secret Missions 1.

Originally posted by Frosty
Building a computer that runs WC perfectly probably costs about 25 dollars. Add to that the cost of WC, plus shipping, you're looking at like, 35 dollars. It's not such a big deal.

Sounds pretty cool Frosty

Building a 'retro gaming machine' can often be done for free.

Go to the local elementary or high school, rummage through the basement, grab old 386, bingo...

Wow, you guys got High Tech schools in your place.
Here, the schools just got some 8088 with 256kb ram, CGA video card, 20mb hard drive and 2 ( yes 2!!!) 5"1/4 double density disk drive. Of course, they are equiped with the powerfull DOS 3.21. :D

Originally posted by WildWeasel
The school would probably go out and buy a nice, new machine. You'd be doing the kids a favor.

They probably wouldn't let you have one, but you might be able to buy one off them very cheap.

Originally posted by K1nG Gr4H4m
Here, the schools just got some 8088 with 256kb ram, CGA video card, 20mb hard drive and 2 ( yes 2!!!) 5"1/4 double density disk drive. Of course, they are equiped with the powerfull DOS 3.21. :D
Wow... I would kill for a machine like that. Mind you, I don't think I really have any games with such low requirements anymore, but still, history is history :).

Here, the schools just got some 8088 with 256kb ram, CGA video card, 20mb hard drive and 2 ( yes 2!!!) 5"1/4 double density disk drive. Of course, they are equiped with the powerfull DOS 3.21.
Arn't those steam-powered? :D

Back