original WC3

Goethe

Spaceman
hi there,

in the tech support forum i've read somethin about a in-official WC3 windows patch as well as a hi res patch for WC3, do they actually exist ? and most important, where do i find/get them?

cheers

Havent heard of one. THere is of course the official Kilrathi Saga compilation you could track down.

Theres a wc4 patch for windows and a high res patch for prophecy and secretops

It's supposedly possible to have WC3 DOS self-execute with KS' WC3 executable file. This makes sense, since you can also use the DOS discs when playing KS for most things. I haven't had a chance to really test this much however to see if this would effectively be a Windows patch for WC3 and if there's any real benefit to upgrading it like so.

that sounds interresting, but unfortunately i don't have the KS, can i find the wc3-ks.exe somewhere, or can somebody send me this single file ?

Some time ago someone sent me a patch for dos wc3 that made it the KS version. I doubt it was an official patch but it made the game work perfectly under windows ME. If it is really the kilrathi saga version then in theory it should also work in windows XP in compatibility mode, though I haven't tested it. I have the KS saga anyway (mainly for wc1 and wc2) but I'm not sure if this patch is legal. If it is then I could send this to the CIC to be available for download.

Back