Origin is officially dead...

Wow, that's pretty beautiful. I always wanted to fly there.. I guess Origin won't deliver, but I'm sure someone else competent will.

Those are fucking amazing...and I didn't think we would see the Hakaga until standoff was finally released...

I'm glad you guys liked it.

Dundradal said:
I didn't think we would see the Hakaga until standoff was finally released...
Yeah, that was the plan, but I got emotional after seeing the bad news on the CIC's front page, so I decided to post that pic.

It's the first draft of our credits background screen... I'll still try to add more detail to it before the release... engine trails for the Hakagas, maybe some combat going on around them, etc.

well since you are all emotional why don't you show us a few more shots of these bad larrys from a few different angles or something nice like that...

I'ts a real shame that Origin is now officially dead.
That company has left us all with brilliant memories.
I'm very thankful for projects like Standoff for helping us to relive the great times that games like the Wing Commander and Ultima series brought us.
I think Standoff is coming along great from what we can see, and I can hardly wait till it is finished.
But what I am ultimately waiting for is another Privateer like WC game.
Perhaps sometime after Standoff this crew could do something like that, I'm sure if any crew has the skills. This one does.

I'ts a real shame that Origin is now officially dead.
That company has left us all with brilliant memories.
I'm very thankful for projects like Standoff for helping us to relive the great times that games like the Wing Commander and Ultima series brought us.
I think Standoff is coming along great from what we can see, and I can hardly wait till it is finished.
But what I am ultimately waiting for is another Privateer like WC game.
Perhaps sometime after Standoff this crew could do something like that, I'm sure if any crew has the skills. This one does.

*U9 Cathedral music in the background*

OOOHHHH!!!! Wooo is the day. How sad it tis.

Blizzard is the last, true blue, and great gaming company left but only in RTS.

"Now is not a time for vengence. Now is a time for mourning."

:mad: NO! We must storm EA...

...unless, of course, they bribe us with Thief 3, a single player Ulima, AND a very good WC game. :D ;) :cool:

Dundradal said:
well since you are all emotional why don't you show us a few more shots of these bad larrys from a few different angles or something nice like that...
There'll be a shot from a different angle up at the Fleet Tactics website soon.

Yeah, like I said it's only a first draft... those explosions will be the hardest thing to do, though. :(

Just to let you know eder I never really liked the ships on the cover of FA because I felt they weren't very WC like. You however have taken them and turned them into some of the most beautiful WC ships ever. period. job well done.

Eder said:
Well, I guess there's nothing in this world a WC2-ish paintjob can't improve. :p

True, although the low-poly nature of the SO engine may actually have worked to an advantage this time (and this is in no way demeaning your work, I think it's marvelous and have it as a desktop). Working with a cap of 1500 forces you to reduce a ship to its most basic, recognizable elements, and it worked out very well here.

Back