Origin games that never were

Star Wars Online

Was he implying that Origin would never be allowed to make a Star Wars Online game, or that Star Wars Online would never be made? Because I find it rather ironic that he posted that the same day Lucasarts announces the release date of Star Wars Online.

Wha? I don't see anyone talking about Star Wars... If you're somehow talking to Johnny, he's rather well aware of the current Star Wars game, as he's working on it. Secondly, it's being released today (or tommorow, depending on your time zone) in at least North America... the release date was announced more than a week ago.

He meant it was in the list in the first post.
Star Wars Online - No chance (and unnecessary)
I thought it was pretty obvious, there is no chance Origin, no matter how revived it becomes, can make such a game, and it's unnecessary because there already is one now.

ChrisReid said:
Wow, I still feel terrible for how we treated him when he came to agwc in 1996-1997 as the Kilrathi Saga fan relations tech support guy. :(

Wow, 96. Long time ago. Hey, remember, we brought KS for like US$ 29,99 or something.

Benjamin said:
Crusader 2 - quite a good chance of this one I'd say, Crusader is another of Origins well established and much loved games

Um, wasn't Crusader: No Regret pretty much Crusader 2?

T8H3X11 said:
Um, wasn't Crusader: No Regret pretty much Crusader 2?

Nope -- think of it as being like Serpent Isle (Ultima 7 Part 2)... a stand-alone project that was done cheaply without making huge enhancements to the original game. It was supposed to keep the Crusader 'brand' alive while they developed an entirely new engine and such for Crusader 2 (tentatively titled 'No Mercy').

Bandit LOAF said:
Nope -- think of it as being like Serpent Isle (Ultima 7 Part 2)... a stand-alone project that was done cheaply without making huge enhancements to the original game.

Well, if you are talking about game engine, similar things could've been said about WC2 and WC4, wich shared enhanced versions of the game engines of the previous games in the saga. Not the same thing, of course. It was not meant to be a great project, but it seems a bit more than U7:2.

Anyway, it was probably not that cheap, with all the FMV.

Back