Origin case mod update

Castle02

Spaceman
All painting and cutting is done. Just waiting for clear coat to dry. Acrylic panels are installed on the top and the side. The top Centurion silhouette panel is cut out for a fan. Gotta buy my fans, install my gear and that'll be it.

Attachments

• painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 292
Very very neat, looks absolute coool. One question you make that just for yourself or will it be able for sale? Since i would definatly love such a thing. And how much would the price be, if you know that already?

With friendly Greetings

Chayton.

Mainly a matter of money and/or patience. Casemodding (at the amateur level) isn't that hard if you aren't totally unskilled. But it can eat up quite some time.
Alternatively money can buy quite some thing here. I know of several places that do custom cutouts for example.
But I have to admit for a completely self produced mod its impressive.

Yes, it is a matter of time, money, patience and more skill than what I have. All the work was done with a dremel. If I was to do it again, I think I would use a jigsaw or something. The guy that had his Thief case mod done cut it with a laser cutting machine. If I knew somebody like that, I would have gone that route.
Sorry, the case isn't for sale. I did the case mod for myself, and I choosed a WC theme because Privateer is one of my all time favorite games and because Origin was closing its' doors. Thanks for all the feedback.

Indeed - once you plan to do something really fancy and filigrane you almost have no choice then to go laser or high pressurized water. Unfortunately I didn't know anyone with that equipment either when I started my case mod (still unfinished, but slowly and steadily going ahaead - no WC theme however).
Using a dremel for that is above my skill level most certainly.

Back