Opinions please

N

Nameless One

I'd like reader opinions as to who makes a better match for Maximilian Gan, and why:

1)Lieutenant Kyra Kaslowski, UBW Marine Corps

2)Airwoman Evelyn Sims Del'Arnen Lim, Avenger Wing, TASC

3)Corporal Celes Blakewood Sims, Loyalist Marines

Well, I *do* read the stories, so I guess my two cents counts as a reader opinion. :D I would have to go with Kyra. She seems a reasonably normal person (apart from that time she went Seether with the combat knife), which would make her a good match for Max. Evelyn seems a couple of squadrons short of a full flight wing, and Celes is a little spooky.

Best, Raptor

Re: Re: Opinions please

Ack, this problem with my account is really getting on my nerves. I can't even edit my own posts. That'll teach me to send my PC iin for sevicing without backing up *everything*on my hard-drive.

Best, Raptor

Re: Re: Re: Opinions please

I agree with RAptor. I have read the stories enough to know women 1 and 3, haven't encountered 2 yett, but Kyra's character just seems to suit Max better. Celes doesn't look like she would ever like having a lover. :) She seems like some of those girls I knew two schools back. :D

Cheers,
didier

Thank you!

Thank you for your kind words Fullburst. Evelyn makes her appearance in Fates Edge 3, with the 360th Tactical. Shes relatively new to the story, since work is holding me up but rest assured she will be a part of the story. :p And you'll find out more about just what makes Celes tick, and her enigmatic past as well as more about Kyra.

Evie would be considered the amoral, intelligent, maverick. She is intelligent ( too much so with a Phd in her cap), has enough bravado to scare a Drakhai (chicken anyone?), and also knows what she wants bad enough to get a transfer (hint hint). She is also rather naive. TAARD and TASC do not breed worldly sorts. You'll find out more later just how desperate she is to get what she wants.

Enjoy people!

Re: Thank you!

True, I don't tyhink we should write of Evelyn until we know more about her. I guess the advantage that both she and Celes would have is that they come from the same culture as Max, whereas Kyra is very much an outsider. On the flipside, Kyra's life experiance would be a good complement for Max (who at times is a little naive) which Eveleyn and Celes don't have.

Best, Raptor

i havent seen enough of evelyn to form a real opinion of her. i think kyra would be better for max only because she isnt from the same culture as he is (doesn't hold him in the same regard as celes and possibly evelyn)

Hmmm, I never thought of the fact that being an outsider could also be an *advantage* for Kyra. As Max seems destined to be one of the future leaders of the Corp, the viewpoint that Kyra provides could do him a lot of good. The Tanfen Corp has its own distinct culture and identity, but it also has to integrate into the wider Border Worlds community.

Best, Raptor

Well, old chap

It can be considered an advantage. After all, a gwailo barbarian doesn't need to use chopsticks at the dinner table with the rest of them. :) Kyra can be excused for a lot of things that would send a Family member into a coronary. She would most certainly benefit the Corp by her diverse viewpoint. As they say about the Families "Our Unity is our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness"

A lot of symbology is involved with the Corp and its culture. For example: when you have dinner with a guest, you sit facing the door and your guest with your back to it. Old chinese custom, supposedly on the belief that your host would guard your back in case unfriendly chaps decide to pop in and crash the party. But it can be considered a disadvantage too.

There would be some schism inevitably. Much less so with Max' own Family. The jury is still out on who is Mrs. Right though. Lets wait and see shall we gentlemen? Plenty to see and do until Gotterdammerung.

I just didn't realise that there would be such overwhelming support for Miss Kaslowski. Fascinating.

Re: Well, old chap

Originally posted by Nameless One
I just didn't realise that there would be such overwhelming support for Miss Kaslowski. Fascinating.

Especially when you consider that the brunnettes always seem to do a lot better than the blondes in all the "Who's the hottest?" type polls around here. :D Of course, just because Kyra is the front-runner doesn't mean she'll be the one for Max. Love works in mysterious ways, after all.

Best, Raptor

just make it interesting and make sense and no one will fuss (at least i wont ;) )

Oh, it's going to be interesting, alright. Those three girls sound like they're ready to claw each others' eyes out. :)

Best, Raptor

Naturally :)

They're 'all' well armed, and they are all well trained. And they all don't take no for an answer either. Ones a Union Marine, ones a berserker with a gigantic can opener, and another is an ace thats lost everything but the aces in her deck. Enjoy people!

Back