OpenGL Does DVDs (August 27, 2011)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
PopsiclePete reports that Pedro has updated the OpenGL renderer for WCP and SO to version 1.2.1. The new version is designed to work properly with HCl's Enhancement Pack -- meaning that it should now work correctly with the DVD upgraded version of Wing Commander Prophecy! The OpenGL package updates Prophecy's graphics for higher resolutions, adds improved effects and even high resolution textures. You can download the OpenGL package here. This update was made possible thanks to work from HCl himself!

--
Original update published on August 27, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case: PROPHECY SPOILER ALERT!

I've been enjoying finally playing Prophecy with both OpenGL rendering and DVD-quality movies. One thing I just noticed though: it seems there are actually quite a few movies missing from the VOB collection (possibly one of the reasons why it was never released officially?). I've always thought it was only the Prophecy title movie that was missing, but now I realise that most the debriefing scenes from Holding the Line mission (where the Kilrathi offer/refuse to assist in the defence of Midway after rescuing Blair) are missing - only the scary one where Wilford yells 'WHY!' at Casey (should Casey attack the Kilrathi with Hawk) is present. For the other scenes, the game falls back to the original CD movies. Does anyone know if there are other scenes missing? I suppose I'll find out myself when I get to them, but I was just wondering if someone had already made a comprehensive list.

I did finally dig up my old CDs of Prophecy to give it a second playthrough (i am not 100% sure if i really did play it through all the way the first time?!?). Will be a blast with awesome OpenGL rendering and DVD movies on my projector! :)

Just in case: PROPHECY SPOILER ALERT!

I've been enjoying finally playing Prophecy with both OpenGL rendering and DVD-quality movies. One thing I just noticed though: it seems there are actually quite a few movies missing from the VOB collection (possibly one of the reasons why it was never released officially?). I've always thought it was only the Prophecy title movie that was missing, but now I realise that most the debriefing scenes from Holding the Line mission (where the Kilrathi offer/refuse to assist in the defence of Midway after rescuing Blair) are missing - only the scary one where Wilford yells 'WHY!' at Casey (should Casey attack the Kilrathi with Hawk) is present. For the other scenes, the game falls back to the original CD movies. Does anyone know if there are other scenes missing? I suppose I'll find out myself when I get to them, but I was just wondering if someone had already made a comprehensive list.
If I'm informed correctly, those unfortunately have never received a Visual Quality Upgrade before the DVD's developement was cancelled. :'(

If my memmory serves me right I think there's only 4 videos not present and that includes the prophecy title. Two of these are the variations on the debreif from one mission. Overall, that really insn't a huge ammount of missing vids.

That would be the four scenes, then, thanks. No, not a huge number, but I was surprised to see more than the title missing. Shouldn't be any more surprises like that then.

I really love this upgrade. It' cool to see Prophecy and Secret Ops with Standoff's visual quality. I hope to see the same upgrade for Unknown Enemy one day. Well done. :)

Back