One thing about Prophecy really sucked

If I really understood the whole thing right, he was not definitely killed and even returned later (I do not really know in which time but I believe it was so).

Well a big alien bug dropped on him, the station he was on exploded and he did not return to the TCS Midway which was the only Confed ship in the sector at that time. I would like to know which WC he returned in seeing as this is Prophecy which I've completed and Spec Ops which doesn't have a real story line at all

Well, I don't really pick up the novels, but what I did observe was this:

They never actually show Blair die, and a tower from the gate fell back through the wormhole. Who's to say it wasn't Blair's tower? ;)

Although, if that's the case, IF he returns, the shape he may be in will look awfully funky.

After Prophecy, Origin maintained that Blair was 'missing' -- although he is given a memorial service in Secret Ops.

That and the game designers said that they had intended to bring him back. Although that may never happen now so no one knows now.

Well the question it seems has not been properly answered by anyone. Blair looks pretty dead but that might be part of handing the Wing Commander series over to Casey because we all know Blair is getting too old to be a pilot. I hope he is alive though because I enjoyed flying as him in WC4. Unfortunately I got into WC too late to get the Kilrathi war games and I am piecing together what happened slowly. Like I only found out Kilrah was nuked the other day when I got Prophecy

lol
Anyway also I am confused, is the story that Hawk told Casey about Iceman being torn apart by the Cats after ejecting true or a lie to get him to help him kill some Cats?

It is even the same thing I have to think about....I do not own the old games (even if I had them,my computer would "say thankful goodbye" if I wanted to install them).
And so I have to read the books...to imagine how the whole story could have happened. And if I do not know one thing, I have to ask somebody here..

Nah, in wc3 I would be ripping apart the cats for doing that to Angel. And also for hunter's death and Spirit's and later for Hobbes defection, I would Kill them ALL

Right..I would be by your side...or on your wing.This was the thing I also thought. I don't know Iceman (except from the books)..but Casey is more than sympathic..and no pilot should have such a death.

Angel..I read the story yesterday...it was more than hard to imagine...they did really eat her???I hate them for doing that.

Umm, then what about this article in the CIC in December -

Paradise Lost
WC Revival posted this segment from a recent IRC interview with former EA producer Mark Day, regarding the planned fate of Blair, post Prophecy.

Eagle-1: Mark... did Blair die in WCP... or did he live? (your opinion) :)
Mark Day: He lived. That's the way Adam and I had it planned...
Eagle-1: Mark, how was he getting out of that? Kills the bug, then runs to his ship, right?
Mark Day: The bugs never wanted to kill Blair. They wanted Blair. The Bugs were never the main threat
Eagle-1: Mark... what was the main threat... if not the bugs?
Mark Day: ....the Bugs were merely one of three races under the command of an entity. The entity was never well described or thought out because it wasn't necessary for WCP. The entity had become interested in the human race and it's natural abilities for killing death and destruction. Blair was a perfect specimen in its opinion. How many men have been responsible for wiping out an entire homeworld of a race?
Eagle-1: Blair!!!
Mark Day: And imagine being Blair... Living with the guilt and memory of all that had been lost... ... and all that he had done. Actually he minded quite a bit (IMHO). Then Blair gets captured... and suddenly everything seems so clear. Suddenly someone tells him that its ok to be a Natural Born Killer. No more feeling alone... no more guilt.
Eagle-1: ok...
Mark Day: He didn't hang back at the end of Prophecy because he was being stupid. He hung back because he wanted to.
Eagle-1: well... sure he did what he had to do... but still it may have gnawed at him. Possible?
Mark Day: .......the plan was to have Blair alive with the bad guys. Whether a prisoner or a member was unclear. But I had planned that he would return to the Border World to enlist new recruits. And become the third horseman......

NO NO NO, IT CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blair can;t be a bad guy, no it just can't be NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

And my girlfriend said I have no sence of dramatics

[Edited by KrisV on 02-11-2001 at 13:14]

If done propaly with extra angles like no entie controlled bugs that it could be done in an interesting way. Kind of like Hobbes but explained.

I'm pretty sure we also ended up posting that that interview turned out to be fake. :)

(The Kilrathi didn't really cause Spirits death...)

Back