Older games and joysticks

GrimCW

Rear Admiral
Is there a way to get my Sidewinder precision 2 to work in WC1,2, 4DVD (joystick patch for WC3 works fine)

1 and 2 are the KS versions.

it wouldn't be so bad if the keyboard would fire and move at the same time like in the old days :/

thanks ahead

Have you tried it? What happens? The Sidewinder 2 is a USB joystick, right? All of the games you described were designed to only be run in Windows, so what seems to be the problem?

the joystick just flat out doesn't seem to work in those games, like its not detected or something.

i think it could be because its a USB joystick instead of Gameport, Win95 wasn't big on USB as i recall, but i thaught i'd ask here to see if anyone knew an answer.

Yeah, initial Windows 95 didn't support it, so when KS first came out, we had to have our joysticks set up in Windows via the gameport. But I think KS pulls from the same area that the USB joysticks would be configured in to use things as input devices. In Wing Commander 4, you probably just have to enable joystick input with ALT+O in flight.

AWSOME BLOODY FREAKEN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it seems my joystick wasn't set as the "preferred" device in the advanced settings (i usualy have a PSX to USB device plugged in for Hockey and Emus)

i can't wait to get back into the cockpit of an old school raptor :)
ahhhh WC1 was always my fave

thanks! i can't believe it was something so stupid (especialy since nothing else is plugged in atm)

Back