Old-ish game search

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
hey, I've been trying to find a game that I used to play sometime around 2000-2003. It's a 4x space game along the lines of Master of Orion but I can't remember what it's called. I remember it had a really complex economy as you had to build different buildings on ice, water, gas, rock, etc type planets and then make components out of the raw materials, then make other components out of those components to build spaceships and buildings. I've been googling for the past week trying to find this game to no avail. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

nope, none of those as far as I can tell. I couldn't find anything for Destiny though, just a lot of results about X-Men. I've been looking for this game for awhile and it's bugging me, I'm starting to think I dreamt about it lol.

Could it be Galactic Civilizations by Stardock? The original came out around then and that describes the gameplay pretty well.

I"m tempted to reply "Why bother? Just play Master of Orion", but I know that's not the answer you're looking for. :)

Disclaimer...I happen to think MOO1 was arguably the best PC game ever made (I know, heresy on a WC board, but to be honest I've spent a lot more hours of my life playing MOO than Wing Commander).

Operation Eastside maybe? Although I doubt it, it wasn't very popular and pretty buggy (I liked it though).

Or maybe Pax Imperia? But I only remember the name and not much of the gameplay so it might be something totally different.

Back