Oh, SCHWEET!

overmortal

Bearded Person
Well, I just managed to dl SO and then UE. I've just finished my first session in UE, and, I must say, job very very damned well done! I'm only on the second or third actual mission (I stopped because I got too excited), and so far, it reminds me of playing WC1 in the prophecy engine. Especially the music!

To the UE crew, you've done a terribly good job, and I hope I get to do something in UE2 (such as Kilrathi or Terran pilot voiceovers). I know that this praise is well delayed, but so has been my playing of the game. I'm so excited I think I'm going to piss my pants, so I'd say you've done a swell job.

Eh, skip that other stuff. Just play UE. Really, it's good.

And, for those of you who were inevitably wondering; yes, I still kick inordinant amounts of ass in a ferret.

Hmm, I suppose you deserve praise for not deciding to cheat your way through it... but on the other hand, you are missing out on the rest of the campaign :p.

Quarto said:
Hmm, I suppose you deserve praise for not deciding to cheat your way through it... but on the other hand, you are missing out on the rest of the campaign :p.

Before I forget (lost your damn email) I suppose I'd be up to doing voices again if I can find my damned microphone. Lemme know when you've got the lines and stuff ready.

I never did play UE before, though. Did I come out ok?

TyeDyeBoy said:
Before I forget (lost your damn email) I suppose I'd be up to doing voices again if I can find my damned microphone. Lemme know when you've got the lines and stuff ready.

I never did play UE before, though. Did I come out ok?
Yeah, you did very well - that's why we want you in Standoff. Anyway, we'll contact you as soon as we've got something for you to record.

Overmortal: TyeDyeBoy did Ocelot... you hear him in the first Nephilim mission (Mission 3).

Oh, Tye did the wreckage guy? Good, good, we definitely could use his help in Standoff.

I wanna do a pilot, too . . . or a comm officer or something . . . something where I get to do a human voice . . . I guess I could settle for Kilrathi, though.

Btw, I'm noticing the pronunciations in UE. "vk-TOTH" (which I always pronounced "VAK-toth") and the short 'a' used in dralthi and fralthi (as opposed to the 'ah' sound that I use). Are those official pronunciations, or just someone's interpretation?

Interpretations. I don't think there is an 'official' pronunciation for these words... depending on where the speaker comes from, they'll be spoken differently. In UE's case, you can definitely tell that Pedro (who played the Dauntless' comm officer) is British.

There always needs to be a British character prominently displayed in a WC game, I think thats an unwritten rule isn't it ? :)

C-ya

What about having the stereotypical American military comm voice? You know the one I'm talking about. . . the one that's kinda monotone, with a bit of a southern drawl . . . Think back to Top Gun, during the buildup before the dogfights. . . just with a deeper voice.

Actually, I'm not too shabby in the v/o department myself, drop me a note if you're still looking. I can do a fair number of accents, impressions, or just speak with my United States of Generica natural tone. All I need is a glass jar to talk into, and you've got Instant Kilrathi!

The main thing I don't have, is software, but that can be remedied if you tell me what I should use.

thegneech at comcast dot net

-The Gneech :cool:

The_Gneech said:
Actually, I'm not too shabby in the v/o department myself, drop me a note if you're still looking. I can do a fair number of accents, impressions, or just speak with my United States of Generica natural tone. All I need is a glass jar to talk into, and you've got Instant Kilrathi!
Great. We're definitely still looking for more voice actors - I'll send you an email.

Viper61 said:
There always needs to be a British character prominently displayed in a WC game, I think thats an unwritten rule isn't it ? :)
Well... not really, no. The only prominent British character in WC was Tolwyn, and he was only British in WC3/4 :p. Other than that, no prominent Brits. We had to have one, though, because Pedro sounded ok, and it's a great convenience to assign big roles to someone directly on the team, since it's much easier to continue bugging them until they produce results.

Back