ogame wing commander skins?

hey does anyone know ogame, a game about creating a space empire?

this game already features some pictures from wing commander ships, like the piranha.

but i wanna ask, if someone has interest in doing a skin for it?

For those who like to know: OGame is a (originally) German browser-based RTS startegy game with a user base of around 2 million people in Europe. The game is around since ~2002 and has grown quite a lot, unfortunately picking up all kinds of mass-market, fandom, and net-lore quirks on the way (meaning: It's expensive if you really want to achieve something in the game, there are lots of idiots, and the system is dubiously managed). But if you look beyond that (and have lots of time and patience), it can be a rewarding experience.

I hadn't seen any WC references when I left the game 2 years ago, but it doesn't surprise me to see mod developers exploiting any material they can get. Skins are a very fashionable commodity (as with most life style products at the moment), and creating a Wing Commander Skin for OGame definitely would rouse some attention.

I really don't know the tools or procedure for creating skins (as I said, it's way back for me), but the homepages and wiki should provide enough information.

criticalmass said:
I hadn't seen any WC references when I left the game 2 years ago, but it doesn't surprise me to see mod developers exploiting any material they can get. Skins are a very fashionable commodity (as with most life style products at the moment), and creating a Wing Commander Skin for OGame definitely would rouse some attention.

The light fighter is the Piranha. It sounds like there's quite a bit borrowed from various things. https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/6991

Last edited by a moderator:
ChrisReid said:
The light fighter is the Piranha. It sounds like there's quite a bit borrowed from various things. https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/6991

Vampire don't you mean?

And yes, I play OGame, and noticed that the Vampire was the Light Fighter, I told my friend who got me into this game that I knew it and had flown it and got a very suprised and angry reaction from him :).

OGame Wing Commander skin would be excellent, anyone else think that the system is a tad strange at the moment how the Destroyer is better than the Battleship?

Last edited by a moderator:
theres an entry somewhere on the ogame forums that details how to create a skin, I saw it but wasnt all taht interested, the current skin works for me.

btw, if anyone is playing in uni 11, Ive created an alliance called Free Republic of Landreich there (the tag is FRL). I wanted a Wing Commander feel to it and theres already a Terran Confederation in another uni.

Then I'll be playing on 8 and 11 as well as 14 and 2! :D

I'm going to try and make a Wing Commander skin for it, I don't really think of a Vampire when you see a Light Fighter, I see something like a Arrow or Hornet, same with that retarded Heavy Fighter, I think of something more along the lines of a Raptor.

Back