Oblivion Trailer

I've been looking forward to Oblivion even before they announced it. I'm still waiting for it, and I certainly will buy it and play it for dozens and dozens of hours. But when it comes to that trailer, "impressive" is not the word that comes to mind. Sure, it's as good as your average top-of-the-line RPG game, but it does poorly when compared to Morrowind. I saw a lot of things in that trailer, but I didn't see what I wanted to see most of all - atmosphere.

I'm very interested in playing Oblivion, as I've been a fan of the Elder Scrolls since they started. I've seen good things so far out of this game, and am expecting even more. Once the actual game comes out, I'm sure we'll find that it holds a lot more than we can estimate it will. For some reason, these games always do. :)

Quarto said:
I saw a lot of things in that trailer, but I didn't see what I wanted to see most of all - atmosphere.
And I told ya it couldn't possibly flow as good as it looks. :p

I do know what you're saying. That's one of my favorite things about Morrowind is the unique setting and ambiance of the game.

And though this game does look a lot like many other fantasy RPG's, I'm still looking forward to many of its different aspects. Particularly with how the NPC's go about doing their business. I was reading another article recently about how they program daily schedules into the NPC's and it sounded very interesting. Obviously it won't be that detailed but it's going to be better than seeing people stand around in the same places the whole game. You can read that article here: http://www.gamespot.com/x360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/preview_6125686.html

Anyway, I don't own an Xbox myself right now but I know I'll get the 360 once this game comes out.

The atmosphere of the game will be developed a lot more fully with the actual game, I'm sure. (It always is.) Very few trailers I see anymore, actually go much into that aspect as is, but it doesn't take away from the actual game when it is completed. I do agree, however, that the fact that each NPC will be individualized is amazing! Everything from liking/disliking, to talking, to stealing from each other. That kind of game development will certainly help boost the realistic atmosphere and development of games for a long time to come.

Hmm, somehow I get the feeling this Elder Scrolls game will have more of a gothic (time period, not the game Gothic) feel to it than Morrowind did, just judging from what I've seen. I think it will be interesting to see what the game will have to offer in the atmosphere department.

Hmm, I never played any of the morrowind games so I can't rightfully say much. The trailer did look somewhat impressive...but then it doesn't take much for trailers to look good. Like Quarto said, the real question is in how it plays and the amount of depth to the game. Good luck, Oblivion fans, I hope it's exactly what you are all hoping for. It's not my kind of game however so I'll be passing.

I have only played Elderscrolls 3, Morrowwind and I have to say it is the most hardest and longest game I have played and still playing and have not got even half way of the game. the game is bloody huge and all!!
But the game is pretty good and I hope Oblivian will be good

Back