[O-T] Win ME + WC games?

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
I recently installed Bullfrog/EA's classic "Syndicate" on my computer, and after 20 minutes of trying to get the sound to work, realized that there WOULD BE NO sound since there's no such thing as actual DOS on Windows Millennium Edition.

What does this mean for playing DOS based WC games?

(And does anyone know how to get sound from Syndicate, while I think to mention it? :( )

::Blink:: Is this possible, considering I can't seem to get WinME to give me the F8 safe-mode menu prompt? If I could do that, I could just boot directly to DOS...but nooooooooo...Microsh*t thinks no one uses DOS anymore, despite the fact its a better OS than WinOverdose

Amazing. I decided to start playing the original Syndicate again as well. :)

But I can't help you, sorry. I just used my ancient 386.

[Edited by Wedge009 on 05-27-2001 at 18:53]

God, what a great game. Me and a friend both grabbed our copies of Syndicate Plus and tried doing the multiplayer. It ran too fast to play, he kept whipping my ass. >.<

I didn't have problems with WC4 (the first time). How it looks like now ( I formated C ) I don't know. But the 1st time it ran problemless on ME (what you can call problemless...bad graphics, an on the frontier working PC...etc. But that's all my old PC. Not the game). How can it happen all of you got those problems and me not? Can it depend from my old PC? I really wonder.

no problems on any of the games with me, but then again, I have The Kilrathi Saga, WCIV win95 patched, and WCP/SO :)

Back