Number of Fighters on Space Stations?

Fer´kal

Spaceman
Just about how many Fighters are their on Kilrathi/Terran Starbases?

Lighter Carries about 50
Fleet-Carriers have about 100
Super Carriers have about 400

But what about Starbases? Especially big once like Ella or Perry?
:confused:

I think 500 is to much for a normal Starbase, but a big one like Perry or Ella might have that many.

100-200ish for Normal Military Base I would guess.

According to Joan's K'Tithrak Mang had a fighter complement of 110, the Kilrathi Supply Depot in WC2 had 55, the Terran Starbase in WC2 had 350 starfighters.

Huh? What copy of Joan's do you have? Mine just says light or full complement of fighters. Is that KS? And considering that Kilrathi usually outnumber TC fighters, it sounds odd for a Terran starbase to have so many fighters.

In fact, Olympus starbase lost 14 pilots against three carrier groups in SO1, and that sounded like a lot. Admittedly, they could have lost several more fighters than pilots, but still.

I'd avoid comparing fighter compliments between ships from different eras, much less fixed installations like starbases - notice how the sizes of the fighters change from era to era... which means that the WC4 supercarriers like Vesuvius, massing far more than K'tithrak Mang (250,000 for Vesuvius versus 240,000 for the starbase), can carry more fighters (400 versus 100) due to either decreased size/mass for support equipment, or some other factors that have not been taken into account with these guesstimations.

The Superbase in Ella could certainly Hold well over a Thousand fighters but some of the other starbases in SO and WCP looked like they couldnt hold more than 100 let alone 1000.

Originally posted by Valor NR
The Superbase in Ella could certainly Hold well over a Thousand fighters but some of the other starbases in SO and WCP looked like they couldnt hold more than 100 let alone 1000.

A thousand is a *lot* of fighters -- I kind of doubt you'll ever see an installation with that many fighters in it. It's worth pointing out that although the WC2-style starbases *can* support 350 fighters, they apparently don't always -- there's a script extract at the end of the WC1/2 guide which mentions that Caernaven has something like five fighters total... (I'll have to check the specific number when I'm at home).

LOAF has a point here - just because the hangar deck is a huge cavernous space that can fit over a million fighters, doesn't mean anyone could actually afford to buy them, stock, arm, crew and maintain them all... Even though they can hold several hundred fighters, I doubt stations like Caernarvon would have a full complement on board, especially after events like the Battle of Earth, where imaginably every flyable craft would be sent to the front line carriers...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
.....It's worth pointing out that although the WC2-style starbases *can* support 350 fighters, they apparently don't always...

Yes exactly my comment it >could< possibly hold that amount but >might< not

Back