Nuke teh northern hemisphere

Nuke the North!

• Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Nuke Delance´s home!

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • All the Earth, then the Vultures will come to our aid.

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Ghost

Emperor
Yeah!
Don´t you think that if the Norhtern-hemisphere-people nukes themselves, we the southern one would be happy and safer?
Think big! Why nuke just the Mecca, the Big Ben or the White House if you can nuke them all.

the resultant fall-out from this scale of nuclear attack would most likely wipe EVERY one out, not just the northern hemisphere

I don't give a shit if we all get nuked. Just give me the right to put a bullet in my brain instead of radiation poisoning, ok?

Originally posted by Ghost
Yeah!
Don´t you think that if the Norhtern-hemisphere-people nukes themselves, we the southern one would be happy and safer?
Think big! Why nuke just the Mecca, the Big Ben or the White House if you can nuke them all.

In his own special way, Ghost has brought up an important topic which needs to be addressed at once... namely, the continued existence of BIG BEN!

That's right -- why, in this civilized day and age of Star Trek shows that take place even before the original Star Trek is the "United Kingdom" allowed to have a really huge clock? It *must* be dismantled or destroyed at once!

I'm all for it - nuke everyone! Then we won't have to worry about stupid people - cause there won't be any left!

Seriously tho, if we decide to nuke the northern hemisphere, let me know first, so I can get away. I don't belong in the US anyway - I should be somewhere nicer and better... like Australia ;)

Haha... no. We're talking I tend to have the mentality of people from other parts of the world, and not the US (based on what I personally consider to be accurate stereotypes... I won't go into more detail because I know I'll probably end up offending someone... one usually does when talking about stereotypes). But I'm a legal US citizen, and have always been. I've lived in the US my whole life too. That may change at somepoint in the future, but for the time being, I'm stuck there.

believe it. i sure as hell ain't gonna vote yes to nuke myself

Ghost, looks like some people think that you have some considerable influence on all the nuclear powers in the Southern hemisphere. :rolleyes:

Who are you really? The Pakistani Prime Minister? :D

Needaham45: Australia has lots of stupid people too.

Hmm.... I'd definately enjoy nuking Del... but I could really go for a good nuking right about now...

decisions, decisions...

I know that Australia, like every place in the world has it's share of stupid people. But I must say that everyone I've met from Australia I've tended to like....

Besides, there's other reasons why I want to go to Australia. First of all, as a musician, I have to see the Opera House. Second, I need to see a platypus, just to make sure such a creature actually does exist :D

Considering how close my home is of Ghost's, I can only think he is quite, quite suicidal. And stupid. Like maniac.

Perhaps that’s because all those bugs from starship troopers are eating him. Or because the Ur Quan destroyed Buenos Aires on Star Cotnrol 2. Didn’t Thrakkath nuke it too?

Ghost is just mad Brazil totally annexed Argentina on X-Com 2 TFTD...

I can't believe that people would get this stupid. No, of course not. In this day and age, anyone who uses nuke is basically sacrificing the world. The backlash for using nukes would be huge. Earth destroying.

Originally posted by Needaham45

Besides, there's other reasons why I want to go to Australia. First of all, as a musician, I have to see the Opera House. Second, I need to see a platypus, just to make sure such a creature actually does exist :D

IIRC, they have (or have had) a Platypus at the San Francisco Zoo... they're apparently very hard to keep in captivity, though.

(I always wanted to see a platypus, too... and I finally did, while living in the South of France. Go figure.)

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I can't believe that people would get this stupid. No, of course not. In this day and age, anyone who uses nuke is basically sacrificing the world. The backlash for using nukes would be huge. Earth destroying.

True, but there are people insane enough to WANT to destroy the world, or who hate their enemies so much that they feel it is worth the deaths of their own people as long as their enemies are destroyed as well. That is supposedly why the US government is afraid of Saddam having nukes--they are afraid that he actually might USE them instead of keeping them as a deterrent the way that most nations have done.

hmm, ok numero 1 the link between big ben and the white house is limited, since big ben is the bell in st peters tower in the hoses of parliment, and the white house is the american presidents home (during his term of office) so surely therefore, either 10 downing street or buckingham palace would be better targets (or balmoral, or st james...)

and 2ndly, why would you want to nuke the northern hemisphere, when you could pay an assassin to kill tony "im so far up bush' arse you can only see my shoes" blair, and then nuke america :D, france and germany did nothing wrong, and 99.9 percent of the uk sure as hell wanna see tony blair shoving in a bath of lime

and anyway, its a nice bell, and we like it :p so leave it alone :D

Originally posted by TC
Hmm.... I'd definately enjoy nuking Del... but I could really go for a good nuking right about now...

decisions, decisions...

you can! by purchasing DoomsDay V2.2 for the Spectrum, you too can enjoy the brilliance of the 4 colour, (count 'em) display. And enjoy the one hour wait while the program calculates death toll, fallout, infrastructure damage and survival probavilities for most major cities in the UK and USA.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
IIRC, they have (or have had) a Platypus at the San Francisco Zoo... they're apparently very hard to keep in captivity, though.

(I always wanted to see a platypus, too... and I finally did, while living in the South of France. Go figure.)

I remember when I was talking to an Australian, and wanted to ask her if she ever saw one of those. Too bad at the time I had no idea they were called "platypus" in English... So I kept asking her about the "ornitorrinco" and tried to describe it. Well, it wasn't that hard, it is a very unique animal. They are much smaller than most people think.

Actually, the name in Portuguese is close to its scientific name, Ornithorhynchus anatinus.

Back