Now don't go postal with this

Considering how badly damaged the Claw was in the movie, are you sure they didn't just scrap her for parts and just remake her to look like she did in WC1?

Do we know for sure that there wasn't another ship, but I don't mean two Tiger Claw's. I mean an Enterprise-A-Yorktown thing from Star Trek. The WCM Claw was so badly damaged that they did scrap it, and rename a new ship (the evolution of the Bengal-Class), to the Tiger's Claw. I don't mean they constructed a whole new ship just to name Tiger's Claw, but because they scrapped it and it had defended Earth, they renamed a recently constructed ship Tiger's Claw and reassigned the old crew. '

Just an idea :)

Wow, I used alot of commas...

Well, come to think of it the WCM follow-up novels take place too soon after the movie for the Claw to be scrapped or put back together. Also, it's one thing to make a new ship with the same name, but the Claw in the movie was a Bengal-class and so was the one in WC1. I don't think any military worth their salt is willing to change the design of a ship and keep the original designation. That just wouldn't make sense! :(

Why not? The WC1 Bengal could be simply the next evolution of the Bengal Class. Maybe they were working on replacing the older Bengals with newer ones, the WC1 variety. When the Claw was damaged, they figured instead of repairing it just to decommision it again, they'd just make "Tiger's Claw" one of their new Bengals.

It's not a perfect explanation, but it's an attempt.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Why not? The WC1 Bengal could be simply the next evolution of the Bengal Class. Maybe they were working on replacing the older Bengals with newer ones, the WC1 variety. When the Claw was damaged, they figured instead of repairing it just to decommision it again, they'd just make "Tiger's Claw" one of their new Bengals.

It's not a perfect explanation, but it's an attempt.

but as shown in the novel its the same ship with the same history, the same magazine (blair reads Claw marks on his trip) the same flight crew. i might have agreed with you before i read the novel, but now.

It's made very clear that they're the same ship.

The 625 length in the Handbook is for the original Bengal class, *not* the Tiger Claw.

Well I said my explanation wasn't perfect...just turns out it was very very wrong....

So is there an explanation of why it looks different. I always just wrote it off as artistic license, but it's also one of those little things that screams why the WCM shouldn't be canon...but since it IS, I guess we'll just have to find explanations for this stuff...which we've been trying to do for a while now.

Well LOAF follows the heavy upgrades idea and re-designing (if you don't you can shoot me for that) of the Claw to the new Claw that shows up in WC1.

Now isn't it possible Confed needed the Claw rebuilt fast so they concentrated efforts to get her space worthy again with the new design and systems following her hammering in the movie?

(I'm starting to be 'converted' to the WCM is of the WCU).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It's made very clear that they're the same ship.

The 625 length in the Handbook is for the original Bengal class, *not* the Tiger Claw.

It is said in the WC1 manual that the Claw is the longest bengal-class carrier, and the others are just an evolution, especially the TCS Kipling... isn't it ?

At 700 meters, the 'Claw would be the longest Bengal -- longer than the 625 meter versions that preceeded her and longer than the 690 meter versions that followed her. :)

Back