November!!!

Iceyl86

Spaceman
Ok seriously, whats up w/ this month? It seems like everyone has set dates for releasing everything! Music, Movies, Games! If u want to find the next big hit in NE thing wait till Nov... I know its near Xmas, but y!?

Must... crush... capitalism.

(Alternatively: Wake me up when November ends.)

Although, I am curious as to what's coming out in November. It's all history papers and French tests here.

Bandit LOAF said:
Must... crush... capitalism.

(Alternatively: Wake me up when November ends.)

Although, I am curious as to what's coming out in November. It's all history papers and French tests here.

Same here sadly... Well Star Wars for one, Final Fantasy Advent Children, Battlegrounds 2, and a small list of other notable titles im waitin on!

Iceyl86 said:
Same here sadly... Well Star Wars for one, Final Fantasy Advent Children, Battlegrounds 2, and a small list of other notable titles im waitin on!

You're not missing much when it comes to Advent Children. My friend sent me a DVD rip of it a couple weeks ago and its alright in only the most lukewarm sense. Much like the rest of anime, its overhyped and ruined by its ravenous fanbase

Iceyl86 said:
Ok seriously, whats up w/ this month? It seems like everyone has set dates for releasing everything! Music, Movies, Games! If u want to find the next big hit in NE thing wait till Nov... I know its near Xmas, but y!?

You answered your own question. It's not unusual nor surprising that the release dates for things are heavily skewed to October and November. If you had a product that was going to be ready in the later half of the year, you'd probably position it around the holidays too (and that includes a small amount of product that intentionally places itself prior to October) to take advantage of the lack of products because they've shifted to the fall.

I came into this thread to say "Wake me up when November ends" but it looks like I've been beaten.

LeHah said:
You're not missing much when it comes to Advent Children. My friend sent me a DVD rip of it a couple weeks ago and its alright in only the most lukewarm sense. Much like the rest of anime, its overhyped and ruined by its ravenous fanbase

Agreed, it was all flash and flair with very little substance, if any at all. It was very pretty to watch and definately better than that crazy "Spirits Within" thing since this actually has something to do with one of the games, but it's nothing special. It's fun to watch I suppose because of all the crazy Dragon Ball Z like physic defying animation done in beautiful CG, but that's about it. All I could think about while watching this was Dragon Ball Z meets the Matrix and that's not neccisarilly a good thing.

The Holiday Season is upon us once more. Repent.

Someone mention Final Fantasy Advent Children??
I watch it the other night and comparing to the Spirits Within, Advent put Spirits to shame the quality and story was brilliant and love it.
How can anyone not appreciate the qaulity the people did for Final Fantasy it is quite decent to watch if you give it a chance

I've never heard of this thing but it sounds good...might have to watch it. I like well done CG...even if the plot and everything else sucks. Anyone here of when the Battletech straight to DVD movie is coming out?

Battletech straigh to DVD movie ? I did not know that it ever came out.

Striker if you get a chance to watch Advent Children, you will enjoy it!!

Unless you want the subtitled version, its not out in the US yet, sometime next month its supposed to come dubbed.

Dahan said:
Someone mention Final Fantasy Advent Children??
I watch it the other night and comparing to the Spirits Within, Advent put Spirits to shame the quality and story was brilliant and love it.
How can anyone not appreciate the qaulity the people did for Final Fantasy it is quite decent to watch if you give it a chance

I said I thought it was decent but I wouldn't call it brilliant though I respect that opinion because a lot of work very cleary went into making it. The attention to detail is astounding and the animation isn't just pretty it's also fluid and lifelike. It doesn't have anything in its story or execution that every other generic anime out there has it just does it in style with superior CG.

It was okay to watch and a good popcorn flick with bonus points for childhood nostalgia but I wouldn't buy the DVD or anything. If you haven't played Final Fantasy VII then it would be really confusing but I guess the movie was made for the fans not for anyone else.

And point very clearly taken LOAF.

Spien said:
It was very pretty to watch and definately better than that crazy "Spirits Within" thing since this actually has something to do with one of the games.

The fact that it ties in with a nearly 10 year old game shouldn't make you give the game props based on that alone. If anything, I dislike it more. Whatever happened to letting sleeping dogs lay? Squaresoft is just giving its fanbase a handjob to keep them happy; thats pretty awful considering.

And point very clearly taken LOAF.

As Paladin says, "That's no criticism of 'em, lad, just a fact." -- a CGI video game movie has done its job if it's a big flashy entertaining spectacle... subtance should be neither expected nor hoped for.

LeHah said:
The fact that it ties in with a nearly 10 year old game shouldn't make you give the game props based on that alone. If anything, I dislike it more. Whatever happened to letting sleeping dogs lay? Squaresoft is just giving its fanbase a handjob to keep them happy; thats pretty awful considering.

Unfortunately Square Soft is no more, since Enix pulls the strings now after acquiring them. What you are seeing nowadays is Enix's universe revisitation policy using Square's name.

Nomad Terror said:
Unfortunately Square Soft is no more, since Enix pulls the strings now after acquiring them. What you are seeing nowadays is Enix's universe revisitation policy using Square's name.

Somehow that fails to activate my sympathy programming

Back