Novaya Kiev D: Rendezvous Mission in WC2

jammyo2k

Spaceman
I'm stuck on the Novaya Kiev D: Rendezvous mission in WC2. I can get to the jump point without difficulty but as soon as I jump the guns on the Ralatha tears me apart. I can't seem to get away from the destroyer fast enough to escape its fire (as I'm flying a broardsword) but attacking it as soon as I come through the jump point doesn't seem to work either.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I've already checked the game guide. Does anyone have some tips?

take evasive action and pray. when you get out of range of the guns, attack and pray. that's about all you can do in a broadsword.

Originally posted by Aries
take evasive action and pray. when you get out of range of the guns, attack and pray. that's about all you can do in a broadsword.

Make sure you jinx alot, the antimatter guns on those destroyers are deadly even in a broadsword. I'd suggest cycling your display until you get the aft view so you can tell when the Ralatha fires at you.

C-ya

That mission is tough, but there´s a special strategy for it.

Fly away from the Ralatha, about 20,000 klicks, stop and turn back to face it. Press one of the external cameras (F9, F10, I don´t recall which), then go back to your front view (F1). That should make your radar detect the Ralatha from that distance. Lock your torp, start your engines and fly towards her at maximum speed. When she fires her first AMG round, dodge it, fire a torpedo and rush away from the Ralatha, at 320kps, taking evasive maneuvers, then Fly away from the Ralatha, about 20,000 klicks, stop and ...

Do that until those cats start screaming and burning :D

Right. You need to get outside the destroyer's gun range, take out those annoying Sartha (which should be easy), and then make your torpedo run starting from extreme range.

Back