Not As Easy As It Used to Be (June 8, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
This past week saw the release of LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP and PC (whew). Sounds like fun -- but it's about as far as you can get from Wing Commander, right? Wrong! In fact, LEGO Indy was developed by a team at Embryonic Studios which included Wing Commander and Privateer veterans like Erin Roberts and Paul Hughes! So, if you've been looking for an excuse to pick the game up...

--
Original update published on June 8, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention with the whole alien thing in the most recent Indy movie, Indiana Jones inches closer to Wing Commander...

wow.. you totally suck. you just spoiled something from a movie I haven't been able to see yet!

Eh, it's not really that big a spoiler, anyway. :p

It should, though, have been put inside [noparse][/noparse] tags.

Like, for example:
The Titanic sinks.

:D

wow.. you totally suck. you just spoiled something from a movie I haven't been able to see yet!

Ugh, don't be that guy. If you're looking for excuses to be offended by things, go to the regular internet. The movie has been out for weeks, everyone should be making fun of you for not having seen it, not tiptoeing around things that are in the freaking trailer because you're lazy.

Woah, oops sorry. :(

Don't worry though I really didn't spoil that much (they allude to it within the first 15-30 min IIRC). Plus I thought most people would have seen the movie by now.

Next time I'll use the spoiler tags that Death mentioned

Ugh, don't be that guy. If you're looking for excuses to be offended by things, go to the regular internet. The movie has been out for weeks, everyone should be making fun of you for not having seen it, not tiptoeing around things that are in the freaking trailer because you're lazy.

Yeah, I live in a town which shows exactly one movie per week, Indiana Jones has not been that movie yet. And "Not as easy as it used to be" is not a thread title that would in any way indicate that there'd be a spoiler for the movie contained within.

Yeah, I live in a town which shows exactly one movie per week, Indiana Jones has not been that movie yet. And "Not as easy as it used to be" is not a thread title that would in any way indicate that there'd be a spoiler for the movie contained within.

Stop being stupid, you must know that the news thread titles come from the news stories on the front page.

Seriously, though? There's no need for these sorts of rebuttals.

That being said, I just got the game yesterday and it's pretty freakin' entertaining! One gripe, though - at least on the 360; if you're not signed in when you first start the game, it won't save your progress. I found this out the hard way.

Instead of forcing you to sign in before it allows you to play, the game simply tells you that you're not signed in, and will not be able to save your game unless you are. After that screen, the game's opening sequence starts - at which time I signed into my gamertag.

Despite the fact that I was receiving acheivements, the game wasn't saving my progress. It was as if I never signed in.

Other than having to re-do the first few levels, the game is great.

Is it true
Han Solo is an unlockable character
?

And if they make LEGO Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull i'll destroy in a bonfire.

I have a hard time thinking someone might not get that 'crystal skull' might involve aliens when there's a picture of the Crystal Skull on the Poster.

They only have one poster viewing room in his town! And it's five miles underground! And you have to fight KALTOR, King of Lava to get there! And there's a candy store but it only sells tropical skittles! And those are only good for like one handful and then you realize they're just regular Skittles with even more chemicals in them, and that Skittles to begin with are just tightly compressed sugar pills and it ruins Skittles for you forever! And there's a dog that that will pee on you! It's awful, I tell you, awful.

They only have one poster viewing room in his town! And it's five miles underground! And you have to fight KALTOR, King of Lava to get there! And there's a candy store but it only sells tropical skittles! And those are only good for like one handful and then you realize they're just regular Skittles with even more chemicals in them, and that Skittles to begin with are just tightly compressed sugar pills and it ruins Skittles for you forever! And there's a dog that that will pee on you! It's awful, I tell you, awful.

To be fair KALTOR is a pushover if you equip the "Sword of Unending Winter" and "Arctic Frost Shield."

To be fair KALTOR is a pushover if you equip the "Sword of Unending Winter" and "Arctic Frost Shield."

UGH YOU BASTARD! YOU HAVE SPOILED HOW TO DEFEAT KALTOR FOR ME! ARGH! Obligatory lower case letters so the CZ doesn't break my post! ARGHARGH!

penis

I totally didn't know about that! You SUCK!!!

Also, I don't know who this KALTOR guy is, but if he's the king of lava, how come icy stuff defeats him,
fiery stuff melts icy stuff anytime
... right?

Also, I don't know who this KALTOR guy is, but if he's the king of lava, how come icy stuff defeats him,
fiery stuff melts icy stuff anytime
... right?

Because you touch yourself....

j/k actually,
because heat diffuses from sources of great heat to sources of little heat. When the lava strikes the ice the heat will diffuse into it, turning the Ice to steam, but the Lava to Rock.

Back