Not a WC Tech Question But...

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
I bought a handful of old Star Wars games for $5 a pop. I can get Dark Forces to work after fiddling with a soundcard DOS emulator thing - but I can't get Force Commander to work. I heard "blah" things about the game but I have nothing better to do with my time.

Anyway, the game gives me the "Starting Up Force Commander" thing and then goes black and does nothing. I'm on Win2000 Pro. Any ideas?

(And no, theres no patches at LucasArts, so don't ask)

I have force commander and I don't think it was that great of a game. The view controls are particularly clumsy and frustrating, making it difficult to acheive the view I wanted of a particular area of the map. The game also takes some getting used to because your ability to aquire new units is different than from other real-time strategy games. And there is a major plot twist, which i won't tell you what it is, that I found disappointing. I find Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds to be a much better game because it follows the classic real-time strategy layout and format.

I had Windows 98 though and I think it ran fine, so I don't have any suggestions for how to make it work on 2000.

THere is a patch at this link, Force Commander 1.1 patch i'm not sure if it will solve your problem but you might want to try it. It says its supposed to "improve the responsiveness of the interface in high lag situations". Good luck.

Back