No pets in Wing Commander?

ninja

Spaceman
I am back with another post Remeber i was the person who made the thread IS STELLITO HOT? it got over 700 replies and it turned out to be that she was hot. Anyway I was just wondering why there werent any pets in wing commander?

well i unno... maybe coz that would be just one more thing for the game creators to worry about... i mean theyve got enough to worry about with such diverse characters, pretty well thought out plot, and everything else... and besides what would you think of a pet? i mean they *where* fighting against giant cats, and along side a bunch of *birds*... so ya kno... why bother when you get to see that kinda thing?

In StarLancer you can take care of virtual fish -- it is for this reason (and no others) that it was truly Mr. Roberts crowning achivement.

The Fish in Starlancer doesn't do much, but hey do Fish do much in RL? you can feed it and it's got a little castle :D

Hmm, in the beta version of StarLancer you had to feed the fish and they'd do stuff... I guess they cut that out (G)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Hmm, in the beta version of StarLancer you had to feed the fish and they'd do stuff... I guess they cut that out (G)

You're talking about when you get onto the Tokyo right? are u kidding??? i wonder why they cut it out... the one reason why Starlancer will never be anything close to WC is the fact that you had almost nothing to do outside of missions, except for look at your medals, watch ANS news station, look at the database, or fly the simulator (which didnt compare to WC's simulators)

Loaf if you look at my post you can see that I said that you CAN Feed the fish

Originally posted by TopGun
The Fish in Starlancer doesn't do much, but hey do Fish do much in RL? you can feed it and it's got a little castle :D

Originally posted by TopGun
Loaf if you look at my post you can see that I said that you CAN Feed the fish

Wait... so your telling me that even the Commercial copy of it you were able to feed the fish... woah... i must missed that one...

In StarLancer you can take care of virtual fish -- it is for this reason (and no others) that it was truly Mr. Roberts crowning achivement.

That was the big problem with Starlancer, you can only interact with the fishies.

All you could do was press "Feed the fish." And the fish were on the Yamato (Not the Tokyo). But it's not worth digging up your copy of Starlancer and taking up 1.2 gig and play 10 missions just to get to feed the fishies.

well i think i kept my saved games on my comp even after i unistalled it... but yeah... and yes thank you... i meant the Yomato... infact if i remember right there wasnt even an ANS TOKYO was there??

Back