Nintendo DS One-Two Combo

I don't hate the PSP, I just think it is not as focused on playing games as the DS. the PSP is a great gadget, sony's purpoted (gah, speeling?) I-Pod killer (in the multimedia gadget biz, not the specific mp3 playing one). Unfortunatell, as I look at its library, and apart from ac!d and lumines, I see little new offerings, and Striker himself said that if he wanted "normal" gaming", he would do it on his (very unportable) xbox.

The touch screen is merrilly past the novelty status, considering that several new games use it to good measure. GRanted, pacpix and others were half assed atempts of doing something, anything that needed the touch feature, but I believe we surpassed that time.

Even the dual shock's dual analogs had their day of being weird gimmicks without much use. Now they are absolutely necessary. Every last Nintendo controller innovation went through that path, starting with the cross d-pad and going through the shoulder buttons, analog stick, rumble, in-controller slot (for rumble pack, memory card, etc), first party wireless...

I do admit that the PSP will probably improve his gaming library. If I could, I'd have every single machine made by sony and nintendo (and that are still on the market). I simply can't understand the "oh, i only like xbox games" mentality or the "I do not play portable games" one. I want to have any gaming experience available... not matter if it is in a big black box or a pretty little blue thingie. Why limit your fun on arbitrary random decisions? :)

Haesslich said:
But not if you want to browse the web, you don't - the 2.0 update kills the ability to run homebrew, at least for now. For that, you have to stay with 1.51 or whatever revision of the firmware it was.

If you can figure out how to play WC1 SNES on your PSP, you should know how to use a fan made standalone 1.50/1.51 PSP web browser. The primary hotspot I'd use for web browsing is right here in my home where I can just get on a normal computer though. Any portable internet stuff I might need is already available in my cell phone without the need for a wifi access point.

Edfilho said:
I don't hate the PSP, I just think it is not as focused on playing games as the DS. the PSP is a great gadget, sony's purpoted (gah, speeling?) I-Pod killer (in the multimedia gadget biz, not the specific mp3 playing one). Unfortunatell, as I look at its library, and apart from ac!d and lumines, I see little new offerings, and Striker himself said that if he wanted "normal" gaming", he would do it on his (very unportable) xbox.

Well, like I said before, Acid and Lumines is a much better lineup than the DS had in its first ten months, so that's not a very remarkable issue to take. Most systems take a year or so to get a decent library.

Wow,
just rented Meteos and Advance Wars DS. Wow. Meteos is like insta-trance in a box. within 3 seconds of playing it you're totally hooked. You can't remember your own name. You could even forget to breathe. It is almost perfect.

And AWDS is just really good. they take the good stuff in the series and make it better...

BTW, I gots me a Husky puppy in Nintendogs, named her Peach. It is really cool.

Chris, where do you usually watch your psp movies, on the move or on your couch? :)

Maj.Striker said:
Chris, I sent you a PM...was just wondering if you had a moment to respond to it.

Oh right, just FYI for everybody, PMs are not a good way of getting ahold of me. When I get a PM, it sends me an email, and I have to go login to Crius to check it, and I'll get distracted by the new posts and will forget to even read the PM inbox. Much better to just directly send the email to me.

Edfilho said:
And AWDS is just really good. they take the good stuff in the series and make it better...

BTW, I gots me a Husky puppy in Nintendogs, named her Peach. It is really cool.

Chris, where do you usually watch your psp movies, on the move or on your couch? :)

Yeah, I got a Husky too. I don't use the PSP when I'm actually moving. I use it when I go someplace and have to wait. Or in the bathtub.

BTW, Nintendo confirmed that Metroid Hunters WILL be online. Goodness Gracious. That will most certainly rock.

Back