NFL team picks for 2004

vindicator

Rear Admiral
Week one is in the books. I've looked over highlight footage and have my own visions for the playoffs already. I was wondering what you guys see as Playoff hopefuls and why.

Although the Seahawks are my state's team, I have to say they still need to grow.

Denver has got to be my AFC pick. If Jake plummer can stay healthy they have a good shoe in already with the pickup Champ Bailey at corner and John lynch at free saftey they have a zone defense that's pretty intense and if their front four can contain the run, they'll dominate.

My NFC Pick has to be Philedelphia, I think Terrell Owens has added the one explosive player they've needed and McNabb should stay pretty healthy this year with that solid offensive line infront of him

My one suprise team has to be the browns, I think they may have a chance at a wild card. The fact that Jeff Garcia is a Vetran QB is only going to help that Team and if Kellen Winslow Jr. is all he's paid to be they are set on Offense

-Rance-

Washington - with my boy Brunell now at QB, a bona fide star tailback in Portis, a solid receiving core, an always potent defense and Gibbs with the reigns, my adopted team is going to be a contender Joe's first year back. Also, my favs the Jaguars are also on many peoples lists to do well this year. This is going to be a great season of football for Viper ;).

C-ya

Kansas City and Indy have an outside chance.....
Minnesota, Carolina, and Green Bay are Dark Horses.....

But in the end:

New England vs Philly with New England taking it all.

Well big fan of Jacksonville but don't think they are playoff contenders this year. I like the Redskins with my former fav QB Brunell behind the center. (Ex Jaguar :) ).

Brunnell looked solid. The Offfensive line's consistentency with Protecting the QB prevented me from picking them, but who knows what can happen with the explosive Portis they may not rush the QB as often. I'll see if my tune Changes in a few weeks.

-Rance-

It feels good to finally have a consistently good team back in New England, now only if the BoSox could keep it together and win and get ahead of the Yanks...I Still Believe!

They've got to get beyond Tony gonzales being their 2nd top reciever and priest being their first. I'll be a follower once they have a few stars in the WR department,

-Josh-

Bears? Dude, you just got beat by the Lions.

As for my beloved Packers, I think they'll get to the playoffs, where they'll be promptly booted out in the second round. The defense just can't hack it, I'm afraid.

I'd love my Raiders to take the AFC West, but I think it's going to wind up being Denver, assuming Plummer stays smart and they have a WR or two step up. For the overall AFC, I think the Colts or Titans will make it through the long haul and the Vikings or Eagles on the NFC side.

My solid week 3 pick has got to be seattle, I hope denver rebounds and we have a major hope of contention with the bengals. I fell out of contention with the browns now that Kellen Winslow broke his leg. I think the news guy said he loses like 12 million in extras this year with his contract structure. Any thoughts on week 3 out there? Anyone have fantasy team picks?

-Josh-

Back