Newbie question..Please Help :)

U

Unregistered

Hello folks. I'm a newbie to the Wing Commander Universe, but I must say it's great to see so many people involved in these games.

I download Secret Ops and all of the episodes a while back when Origin was offering them, but it's just now that I'm really getting into it, so I have a few questions.

1. Does installing episode 7 install all episodes from 1-6? In other words, do I have to bother installing 2, then 3, etc?

2. I downloaded the high-res patch and the simulator add-on; they're both amazing! I was wondering though if there was a way to use both of them together without the Cerebus' main page becoming corrupted (Besides the solution of using the high-res patch at 640x480). :)

3. There are a TON of custom missions and ships out there. Will the high res patch work with all of them, or is it intended for a PURE Secret Ops installation only?

4. Back when Origin was offering the whole game for free, I downloaded everything EXCEPT the speech add-on. There's something offered on this site that's called the starter pack. Is this episode 1 and the speech pack in one download? If so, can I use this and install the other episodes, and if so, will I get the speech in all episodes?

Thanks for taking to time to read my post. I have thoroughly enjoyed exploring this great site.

ad 1) Yes it does have the parts 2-6, but you won't get the fiction passwords if you don't install them part by part.

ad 2) Not that I know of. Not that it would be ahrd, but I don't think anyone did it yet.

ad 3) I think they should all work under the restriction of point #2.

ad 4) The pack should be the game + speech + episode 1. Yes you will get all speech for all episodes. The speech is already in the main pack, only the mission code itself is in the episode files.

Back