New Worst Movie Poll

junior

Spaceman
Gamefaqs, that lovely website that provides more information for free than you'll ever get from a strategy guide (except for maybe information like the fact that Finley is married), is having an interesting new poll:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

Its in the upper right hand corner of the page, right under the add banner, and is entitled: What's the worst major studio video game movie of all time?

Wing Commander, of course, is one of the movies up there, but as things currently stand, fortunately doesn't have the 'worst' rating (Its actually rated in position 5, of 8, between Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and Final Fantasy). The one with the dubious honor of having the most votes is Super Mario Brothers, which is, incidentally, also the only one that has more votes than the "They're all bad!" category.
Fewest votes is for the original Mortal Kombat (IMHO, a fun B-movie), which got only half the votes of Tomb Raider.
Seeing as how the only two movies I've seen on the list are the two Mortal Kombat movies, I'm going to refrain from voting, but I thought some of the rest of you might be interested.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Finley isn't married.

Ack! I could have SWORN that when I skimmed through the Prophecy guide in the store that one day it mentioned she was married.

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
Actually, it says 'best (or least bad)'.

They must have changed it, then. When I created my original post, I got lazy and did the copy/ paste thing from the original site.

Update - Confirmed it. The poll I posted on is now the PREVIOUS poll.

I am surprised that Tomb Raider got such a relatively good position in both polls, I always thought it to be pretty bad, only second to Super Mario.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I am surprised that Tomb Raider got such a relatively good position in both polls, I always thought it to be pretty bad, only second to Super Mario.
Heh.
I suspect that the rankings there have, in many instances, little to do with how good the movie was and more to do with the popularity of the series that spawned said movie.
Case in point would probably be Super Mario Bros., which, if it is as bad as I've heard, should NOT have three times as many votes as Wing Commander on the 'Best Movie' list.
If I'd seen more, I suspect my vote would go with Mortal Kombat, but since I haven't even seen WC or Final Fantasy (the latter being the current front runner, with half again more votes than MK - from what I've heard of the movie, probably due to FF fanbois), I'm staying off the poll.
*sigh*
I suppose I should probably go rent WC from my local video place one of these days just so I can finally say I've seen it.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
You know, the fact Angelina Jolie's in it must have earned him a great deal of votes... :D

Tomb Raider wasn't bad -- it was a neat popcorn movie with everything you want in a great actioner: explosions, giant robots and British people.

I found Tomb Raider to be rather boring but maybe I should re-watch it, because I think my taste has changed a bit.

ANGELINA JOLIE!!!!!

jolie2.jpg

NOT mine. I just like the look :p

BTW, a new TR is coming out, featuring (dum dum DUM) the NEPHILIM!!!!! Aren't the Kilrathi already in it? :p

Angelina Jolie has become a media whore in the past 3 years. I'm really getting tired of people saying shes the best thing since sliced Kilrathi loaf. When you have 20 million men drooling over her, she loses her appeal.

I'll stick with my unused plans from that date with Anna Paquin that fell though. :(

Back