New Wing Commander

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
My idea for the next installment is something like SO, except much bigger. The first campaign will set you back on the good ol tiger's claw. As you progress, at cuscenes you can make choices that will give you information. Now, depending on what you find out, you can stop the attack on the claw and save her. This would branch into two campaigns, one set in the normal universe, the other in the alternate. For example, once you get to WC3 in the alternate, you won't be delivering a super secret weapon to destroy kilrah, you'll be blowing up a Vaktoth in orbit while the Concordia zaps a carrier with its massive guns. I got the idea from the quote of Admiral Banbridge "We won't stop until the confederation flag is raised in the imperial palace" or something like that. Each new campaign, WC2, WC2a , WC3, WC3a would be released over a period of time like SO

What do ya think?

You really have some kindof need to keep the Tiger's Claw alive, don't you ;) ? The original actors have all moved on, one of them isn't even with us anymore. If you're talking about an actual WC game, leave the past alone. If you are talking about a fan project, theres plenty of other more original ways to tell a story than to copy the past.

C-ya

They could use new actors, as long as none of them are from the movie. And yes, I like the TC more than any other carrier.

We all liked the Tiger's Claw, and she'll always have a special place in our hearts, but, as with any lost love, you must learn to move on. There there . . . it's okay . . . let it go . . . be strong . . . she's in a better place now (that, of course, assumes that the K'Titherak Mang system is a much nicer place to have your debris scattered than some other place).

I've another idea for new Wing Commander games. Perhaps improve the first two for newer computers and consoles. They shall have the same story, however the cutscenes shall include speech and be fully animated (perhaps in the "Anime" style*). I was thinking of having most of the cast from WC3 doing the voices of there respective characters. I know it won't happen and it's sounds stupid, but I kinda like the idea.

PS: *NO "BLUEHAIR" JOKES!

Well, Sylvester, though the idea of alternate universes and whatifs is something I love, there is one big problem in your idea, and it is that that game would be HUGE, in game time, megs AND ingame timespan
The other problem is that SO was released as it was (and free) exactly because there was no actions and movies. The story developed thru the site and by using the game engine (with voice actions, which were not always the same as in wcp), in tha way making it cheaper, so that origin wouldnt have a heavy loss

But, agreeing with others, I think that, if you would do a new game, it would be best to leave the past where it is and just make a new one, following what games we already have, or going parallel with other games (though, to stabilish the link between player and main char, it would be best to simply keep the game following from after SO)

Now, PLEASE no anime :)
dont turn wc into a circus more than the movie did

- K

PS: LOAF, that was his opinion that either the actors or the movie itself, if not both, were not good. Opinion, btw, that many many agree, including me. Its not stupidity or racism, its a matter of expressing his opinion on the fact

Sylvester said:
They could use new actors, as long as none of them are from the movie.
That's stupid.

Kalfor said:
PS: LOAF, that was his opinion that either the actors or the movie itself, if not both, were not good.
Wrong.

He was saying that it's not ok for Chris Roberts to reorganize WC's cast once for an official WC movie, but it's ok for some fanboy to do it again for some WC thingie which thankfully won't ever exist. That's stupid.

PS: LOAF, that was his opinion that either the actors or the movie itself, if not both, were not good. Opinion, btw, that many many agree, including me. Its not stupidity or racism, its a matter of expressing his opinion on the fact

Really? It didn't seem like he said anything like that. What is the problem with the movie actors, anyway? They're certainly higher calibur (in Hollywood standards) than those cast in the games. In my small about of experience with people bitching about the movie :))), it generally boils down to inane crap like "THEY CAST A FRENCH GUY! I HATE FRENCH GUYS!!!!!!" or "Freddie Prinze Junior is too popular!".

While I have distaste for two of the three "main" actors in the movie (Lillard and Prinze respectively) the rest of the casting was so perfect to change it would be criminal!

Casting wasnt a problem in the WC:Movie, it was how it was written IMO.

And as well for a new game. How about a game from the Kilrathi presprective..Instead of being a Confed Fighter PIlot, how about a Kilrathi Fighter Pilot

TheUnforgiven said:
And as well for a new game. How about a game from the Kilrathi presprective..Instead of being a Confed Fighter PIlot, how about a Kilrathi Fighter Pilot

Actually, I quite like that idea. Isn't there a problem though, with in-game flight comms for main characters, that you cannot replace certain comm graphics? Could be hard to be a Kilrathi when all your wingman buddies are humans :)

Wouldn't hurt to have a patched up Armada without the silly 2 fighter restriction. That's about the only thing that bugs me about that game.

Delance said:
I don't think casting was a major problem in WC.

The major problem was MONEY and only money....the movie would be perfect if they had enough funds..Roberts had excellent ideas.

Eh, they had a reasonable amount of money - you could have made ten or fifteen Wing Commander III's for what the film cost.

Back