New WC4 Remake Teaser Trailer! (October 11, 2020)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
The WC4 Fan Remake team has another exciting trailer to show off their latest progress! Here we see ODVS' fantastic high res video combined with some of the latest dazzling next gen visuals. Check out the video to see the spiffed up ships, upscaled game flow rooms and retro visual mode.

The upcoming Wing Commander IV - The Price of Freedom: Remastered mod is a fan preservation project; it was created for experimentation, education & research, is completely nonprofit, and should be considered fair use as stated in the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. section 107. To install this mod you must own an original, unaltered, retail-release of the game. Please, respect the rights of the copyright holders and purchase a copy of the original product if you do not own one already.

Learn more at WCRespace.com. The original game can be purchased at GOG and Origin.

--
Original update published on October 11, 2020

The game crashes after replacing VOB files with several messages : "An object or name was not found" then, after I clicked on OK, "Error Loading Video" then "Missing Movie c:\vob\sc-XXXXX.vob"

I think the problem is the directory : "c:\vob" isn't good. Why the game searches in that one and not in d:\gog\WC4\VOB ??

That seems odd... Does the game work beforehand? If you're just unzipping vob files into a folder, the game wouldn't look anywhere differently for movies.

That seems odd... Does the game work beforehand? If you're just unzipping vob files into a folder, the game wouldn't look anywhere differently for movies.

I can launch the game, I can load a save, use the Lexington map and "visit" the ship but if I speak to a character, the game crashes. FMV can't be played.
If I skip (by pressing Escape) the error messages, I can play but the mouse is stuck at the top of the screen. So in fact it's mostly unplayable 😅

EDIT : It works thanks to K-Lite Codec pack

Last edited:
Back