New Standoff Scoreboards Rank Wingnuts Globally (January 8, 2006)

ChrisReid said:
After all those threads, I never understood why you didn't model it to scale and then just have the guns shoot out at angles to converge like they did in WC1. But now that that Simulator is active, you can't change it.
The answer is - they do converge. But convergence doesn't actually make it that much easier to hit things, because the bullets only become accurate at a certain distance. This didn't happen in WC1 - they just fired straight there, but from positions much closer to the centre-line of the ship.

Besides that gun convergence uses up valuable gun slots. Basically each converging gun has to be coded as a new type of gun AFAIK. Horizontal convergence is already there BTW IIRC. Only the vertical one is missing.

Yes, we actually have 3 types of most guns - no convergence, a little convergence, and a lot of convergence. This ensures that all guns converge horizontally at about half their range (so they're still useless in short ranges, long ranges, and in ships that also needed vertical convergence - that is a grand total of one).

What does the numbers about performance means and how are they calculated?

For example:

Kilrathi Gauntlet 12/84 (86%)

Delance said:
What does the numbers about performance means and how are they calculated?

For example:

Kilrathi Gauntlet 12/84 (86%)
It's an inverted percentage: 12/84 means 72/84 players have lower score than you : 72/84=86%

So in short, it means that 86% of the other player's scores are below yours.

and I have 100% in most ships since a long time ^^

Is no one there who can beat my scores? must I take all scores bevore someones try to challeng me? ^^

Sternenwind said:
and I have 100% in most ships since a long time ^^

Is no one there who can beat my scores? must I take all scores bevore someones try to challeng me? ^^
Eh, everyone knows the only ship that really counts is the Rapier :p.

That Is Not Fair:

I Got 7800 Points In The Rapier But Why ... I Do'nt Have Words For This I Am Really Angry At The Moment >.<

as I died there was this real lag the hole game stands still and than all was normal...but my highscore wasn't send >.<

That's strange. When the game detects a cheat, it doesn't send the score at all; so if it was the cheat-prevention mecanism the game wouldn't have frozen for a few secs as you described. I looked in the scores submissions that made it to the CIC and the highest Rapier score recieved from you today was 4990.

I see that you do not have the lastest Episode 3 patch installed, since you submited scores flying the Tarsus and that it's been replaced by the Arrow now. The patch solved a number of issues, including a "lost" score issue. Install it.

In this "lost score" case, however, I'd say the most likely explanation would be an internet connection glitch. If the game froze longer than it normally does, it might be that it couldn't reach the CIC server.

i found the Problem and i could kill myself for this.

I played with the patched version *i only install the old one whenn I try to fly with the Tarsus*

The Problem was, that my i-net connection was broken down.
I do not know why but I think that my emule + staddoff was too much for it or something like that.

Normally i can play the game and habve my emule but today ....

Damm. really damm. To get so many points you need some luck and no enemy dart rockets >.<

and I do not know what Peidu mean by his post. If you fly with a cheat like Invunerabel the game told you at the beginning that a cheat is detected.

The only way I cheat is that i only half kill the enemy to get more quick kills, but that isn't really cheating^^

edit

soooooo

now there are some more points ^^

@Quatro

what now?
the Rator is only ship that count? The Crossbow? The Tarus? ^^

P.S.

Now i have over 100 000 total points ^^

I'd love to see a video of some of your runs...also what are you using for hardware (stick, mouse, etc)

you are not the first.... i have this frame maker here but if i run this prig and the game it is really.... I can't play it is to slow and the games stuck some times >.<

the second prob would be the webspace for me, but if someone help me with this I would make a run to show you.

In WC2 you could replay your mission and look with other Cameras but I do not know how you can do somethink like that with Standoff or Prohercy.

And I flew a long time with an very old stick now I have a Saitek Evo to fly.

Oh, so you all have joysticks... Thats why I'm so crap, because I'm stuck in the keyboard era.

You don't need to spend a fortune to get a joystick. I personnaly use an old Kraft III joystick (picture attached) for my 386 (wich I kept only to play WC1/WC2). It works great, sometimes better than my Winbox's Sidewinder Precision Pro. Anyway, it's easy finding one cheap... Is 99 cents plus shipping within your budget frame ? (Link to a much newer joystick model than the Kraft displayed below :p)

Attachments

• Kraft.JPG
    Kraft.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 170
I miss my Thrustmaster full setup...F22 stick, F16 TQS throttle and the F4 rudder pedals...with those I could rack up some kills....I am also stuck with a keyboard for the time being

Sorry Popsicle Pete... I'm English, I don't work in cents!

I guess I could get one. I liked my old Saitek one, shame it broke.

Peidu said:
Oh, so you all have joysticks... Thats why I'm so crap, because I'm stuck in the keyboard era.
Not everyone - I use a mouse, and my scores aren't that low either :).

Back