New sounds. See if you like them

zergnerd

Spaceman
I mentioned in another thread ("What does Privateer 1.0 need?", I think) that cool explosions and associated sounds would be nice in Privateer. So I downloaded a freeware sound effects generator (http://www.sonicspot.com/audiofx/audiofx.html) and made some explosions. I zipped up the decent ones an attached them for anyone who cares. The server doesn't like .zip files so I changed the extension to .doc. You should be able to just change it back and open it. The sounds are in mp3 format (wav was too big). There are two fighter class explosions (eg talons), two carrier class explosions and sounds for having your shields and your hull hit.

If people think these have promise, I can make more. I'll probably get better when I have time to play around with the software some more.

Attachments

• Sounds_ZIP.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 124
RE: New sounds

Can the new sounds be applied to the game, or are they just for our listening pleasure? Forgive my computer semi-illiteracy and basic niaivety.

Dan

So far they're just for your listening pleasure. If people like them, I can upload them in whatever format Vegastrike likes. You should be able to listen to them in any software that plays mp3 files (eg Windows Media Player) once you have unzipped them. You'll need to change the extension from .doc to .zip for Winzip or WindowsXP to recognize them as a zip file.

Back