New Ship Loadout Issue

Wendy

Spaceman
When you're loading out a new ship:

Every Item Seems to have an Engine/Electronics volume measurement. Turrets, Guns Etc. . .

If you are at 16 out of 16 you can't buy weapons, tractor beams etc. . . My workaround has been to sell my afterburners and add whatever it was I wanted to add then buy the afterburners back.

Is there a reason there is a volume measurement for ships additions/upgrades? I assume it is a part of the VS engine.

If it serves no purpose in Privateer, why not just give every ship a very large maximum space?

we could have...
I really enjoyed it last time around when the stiletto and the other (now unflyable) ships had a low upgrade limit--so it really felt like you had to make tradeoffs...then again for the stiletto the upgrade and cargo limit was shared--I may revisit it...
clearly we can make the upgrade space on the tarsus and the big 4 actually high...I thought 16 was high enough to fit all upgrades...was I wrong?

hellcatv said:
we could have...
I really enjoyed it last time around when the stiletto and the other (now unflyable) ships had a low upgrade limit--so it really felt like you had to make tradeoffs...then again for the stiletto the upgrade and cargo limit was shared--I may revisit it...
clearly we can make the upgrade space on the tarsus and the big 4 actually high...I thought 16 was high enough to fit all upgrades...was I wrong?

Well, if you STACK the upgrades, no, it is NOT enough room.

If you do not, the room is plenty.

Stacking
You know,

repair system
Advanced Repair System

Repair Droid
Advanced Repair Droid

AI Repair
Advanced AI Repair.

That takes six slots

then two armour takes one - seven

Then three engine add-ons - plus three = 10

then two reactors - plus two = 12

then two shields - plus two = 14

ECM - Plus One = 15

Jump Drive - Plus One = 16

Radar - Plus one = 17

You are now over the limit by one. If this were my Centurion I would have sacrificed the Standard Repair System

Then I would Sell the afterburner to guy a turret, then buy back the afterburner.

If this wa the orion, you have one more reactor and one more shield to add in, not to mention the all the ECM packages you can stack.

There's really no reason to stack though.. When you have more than one repair system, the best one is used. You can have more than one shield system, but only the highest one is used.

Only one reactor is used, one armor, one ECM package etc. The rest just sit there. The only category (aside from weapons) where more than one item is active at the same time is the engine enhancements. You can have a speed boost and a thrust enhancer working at the same time (though only one of each)

Ah. . . See? I didn't know, I figgered, like many prolly do, that more is better. You know, like using condoms AND the pill.

What about the repair? Only the advanced AI is used? Then I'll go and sell some of the other fancy stuff off at the base where my fleet is located and load them up with the rarer to find types of things and put the cloaking on the Centurion

yep :)
only the best of these things is used

and for the stackable items, it's like privateer-- only one speed enhancer is allowed :) the rest turn red of course--otherwise they'd help out too

This belongs elsewhere, but while I was here. . .

Umm. . .ANother issue.

If you eject your cargo, your artifact becomes space salvage. So much for THAT savegame

well you can choose what you eject by using pgup and pgdown
but you do have a much tougher time appeasing pirates with that danged artifact.

I don't think we actually terminate the campaign for players if they lose the artifact... it's mostly there for show ;-)

hellcatv said:
We can change it to be required--this would add an additional challenge level--what do you think

Oooooh! Nasty!

If you did that, then you shouldn't have the ejected artifact become space salvage.

Since we're talking about ejecting cargo - I can't do it. CTRL-x does nothing.

To be clear, the cargo that is supposed to eject is the topmost on the manifest list, right? So if it originally says:
Manifest
-------

Artifact (1)
Brilliance (25)
Plasteel (1)
Tungsten (1)
etc.

and I scroll it so it says:
Brilliance (25)
Plasteel (1)
Tungsten (1)
etc.

and I press CTRL-x, I should eject the Brilliance, correct?

Yeah? You think YOU are?

Try hitting "Ctrl + e" when you want "Alt + e," See where it gets you!

I haven't tried single items, I'll do that just before I cause a ruckus that gets me chased across the galaxy.

@ hellcatv

I meant to ask, HellcatV, will the Vegastrike engine for .009, vegastrike.exe, work with Vegastrike?

MamiyaOtaru said:
There's really no reason to stack though.. When you have more than one repair system, the best one is used. You can have more than one shield system, but only the highest one is used.

Only one reactor is used, one armor, one ECM package etc. The rest just sit there. The only category (aside from weapons) where more than one item is active at the same time is the engine enhancements. You can have a speed boost and a thrust enhancer working at the same time (though only one of each)

To get pedantic on ONE item, because it has bearing on an issue someone else raised and I promised to chek it out on this system as well,

If I have

Repair System
- Research
- - Repair AI

I need nothing more, right?

I don't need any of the repair systems or repair bots, just the Repair AI or Advanced Repair AI.

Back