New pilots for SO

KillerWave

Spaceman
I see in the HCl files that are some kilrathi pilots for SO, its cool, but the thrakhath and others arent there, so i tryed to get them using wcso-rip in all wcp tre files, but couldnt find the .xa files, only the .uv2 ones in the ifcomms, so i guess they are inside those??
If so how can i get them out to use with SO?

Another thing, this can be made with WC3/WC4 pilots, i mean, if wc ships can be converted from other wc games to SO, and WCP pilots to SO, can i get WC3/WC4 pilots in SO? I hope so, i think that would be very cool...

And there is a way to change pilots, instead of Casey, using Maniac sounds, maybe changing the comms file names from Casey with the ones from other pilots??

------------------
Only a complete fool is absolutely sure about what he says
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Yes, i am...i mean...do'h

KillerWave said:
Another thing, this can be made with WC3/WC4 pilots, i mean, if wc ships can be converted from other wc games to SO, and WCP pilots to SO, can i get WC3/WC4 pilots in SO? I hope so, i think that would be very cool...

And there is a way to change pilots, instead of Casey, using Maniac sounds, maybe changing the comms file names from Casey with the ones from other pilots??

Well, while changing the names of the pilots can be done, changing the sounds cannot be done right now. It's now anything like the ship meshes, it is way more complex. To my knowledge no one of the WC editors have craked the sound format yet, and very few of OSI's ex-employes know the details of this format. Chances are we will never know.

------------------
PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete's WC Page : http://popsicle.wcdc.gaming.net.nz/
E-mail : PopsiclePete@angelfire.com

Visit HCl's WC editing Archives

The WC Source Code Release Project needs YOU !

[This message has been edited by PopsiclePete (edited April 26, 2000).]

Too bad
frown.gif

And about getting other WCP pilots to SO, i know that can be made since there is the HCl kilrathi patch...
smile.gif

Just dont know how...
Anybody?

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
KillerWave said:
And about getting other WCP pilots to SO, i know that can be made since there is the HCl kilrathi patch...
smile.gif

Yop. Now this can be done... what d'ya want ? Bring back Blair in SO ? Anyway, I guess you'd just have to trasfer the XA's corresponding to the pilot you wanna use in SO and make some modifications to the times.iff.

Like i said before...

KillerWave said:
I see in the HCl files that are some kilrathi pilots for SO, its cool, but the thrakhath and others arent there, so i tryed to get them using wcso-rip in all wcp tre files, but couldnt find the .xa files, only the .uv2 ones in the ifcomms, so i guess they are inside those??
If so how can i get them out to use with SO?

------------------

Nonono you don't get it. The XA's are NOT inside the UV2 files... these are the helmets vidos that are played in your VDU when a character comms you. If you wanna import pilots from WCP witch uses a video that in not inside SO, (ie Kilrathi) you'll have to transfer the corresponding UV2 files along with the corresponding XAs. Look again for those XA's. Witch TRE file have you unpacked ? They're all supposed to be there in the speech.tre, speech2.tre or speech3.tre.

[This message has been edited by PopsiclePete (edited April 27, 2000).]

I found the .xa files thanks
smile.gif

Had forgot that the speech files arent installed in the hd...
Anyway, i guess i found Blair and Maniac, they wherent what i was looking for, i was looking for Thrakhath, Stalker and Fireclaw...any help to find those would be appreciated. I put Blair in a SO mission, but when i try to run it the game crash, sayng that i used an unknown comm, it need editing to use it, so if anyone now how to, please tell me.
What changes i need to do in Times.iff?
BTW, does anyone know how to create a new sector? I was thinking to do a hyperspace.sec... (no stars/planets, red background and a new sound in loop)...
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by KillerWave (edited April 29, 2000).]

Back