New game coming soon

I haven't had a chance to play it yet (broken arm...I can barely type this ~~~) but from what I've seen the comparisons to Sins are somewhat accurate. Sins is a bit more combat focused, whereas this game has more empire-building involved.

The game is not finished yet. The devs had to rush out their semi-finished product because they ran out of money, but they are apparently doing very well in sales and are constantly working to improve the game. I believe they have already released a patch.

4 patches, actually: 1.0.0.2, 1.0.0.4, 1.0.0.6, and 1.0.0.8. We're now working on 1.0.1.0. :)

For the math minded: 14 days have passed since 1.0.0.0 was released. That's a patch rate average of 3.5 days per patch. They're significant patches as well; the full changelog is available on our forums and through a link on our website. The differences between 1.0.0.0 and 1.0.0.8 are already stark and blatantly apparent.

wc3 is correct, of course. I simply couldn't call any more favors to pay the rent and my large cash reservoir had depleted to nothing, so we had to launch on the 21st or kill the project. I figured a year and a half ago that I had enough saved to see this project through its completion; unfortunately, I didn't account for a car breaking down and needing emergency repairs and a couple other, costly, expenses that were unavoidable.

If Reaper or I had more money saved we would've delayed the game further until it was solidly finished. We're very sorry that we had to release the game in the state it was at 1.0.0.0. We will continue working on this game for as long as we're able; this is a game that we've been wanting to play for a very long time but nobody has ever done -- sales are doing far, far, far better than expected. Just the upcoming check from launch ought to get us five more, solid, months of development or more on the game. :)

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Heya!

I guess a question I would have is, as someone who plays a lot of Sword of the Stars and more than likely going to buy your game, what should I expect to relearn between the two systems?

Sorry for the egregious delay. Things became a nuthouse for a little while.

I guess a question I would have is, as someone who plays a lot of Sword of the Stars and more than likely going to buy your game, what should I expect to relearn between the two systems?
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play Sword of the Stars so I can't comment. :(

How does this game compare to Space Empires V, with the balance mod?
It's almost impossible to answer. Space Empires is turnbased and this is realtime it's difficult to express how they're similar as there's many important ways in which that distinction makes them different. If you can get me specific examples of what you're looking to contrast, I can answer this question better.

I do remember there being a few major attempts at real-time, space, 4x games. How does it compare to its peers in THAT genre, namely Imperium Galactica and Starships Unlimited?

Back