New FC Patch released

eddieb

Vice Admiral
Hi all

I've released a tiny new patch adding the following:

Nav names appear if you press 'n'.
The mission editor allows you to name nav points.
New scripting functions (as requested) for giving ships more missiles/guns:

Ship_replenishMissiles(string shipid)
Ship_replenishGuns(string shipid)

Let me know if there are problems, didn't do much testing on this one. It's intended for mission creators.

Get it at http://flightcommander.solsector.net/fc1.3.3patch.zip

You press n and the name of the next nav appears in the cockpit. Update your mission editor so you can name the nav points. Just realized it might be helpful to have a way of changing the armor, so I'll add that in as well.

Just realized it might be helpful to have a way of changing the armor, so I'll add that in as well.

I was also thinking that having a way to get and set the shields is also useful. The get function will be useful in disabling ships, or special comms (like in prophecy "Shields are gone, make your run, Casey!") and the set function will also be useful in my gauntlet ;)

Another thing, I'm really near to complete a Enhacement Pack for Flight Commander, adding some missions, some speech, some ships, etc... I want you to have it first and if I get your "Eddie Approved" stamp, I'll put it for everybody...
Where I can post it?
Thanks!

Please, go ahead and send it. More ships and speech could be well used.

Where did you get the comm and ship files from by the way? Just Prophecy and SO or from other areas?

Eddie, I may have found a new bug... I've made a briefing with 7 navs, but only the first 5 are shown... I've made a few tries, copying the same nav and changing only the nav position, but it's the same... It's a limit of the briefing screen, or making a briefing with so many navs is a little weird?

Another thing, only as a comment, I think You've miss the corvettes declaration in the ships file, because them are just like a big ship with a lot of turrets, but they are shown like capships in the radar...

Where did you get the comm and ship files from by the way? Just Prophecy and SO or from other areas?

For this release I've taken only the speech from Prophecy, the most significant ones (Stiletto, Zero, Spyder and Blair used as my voice ;)) and added the ships from SO (Excalibur and Thunderbolt), plus I've worked out these ships from Prophecy that aren't included with FC (Barracuda, Skates, Stingray Cluster, SAR, Kilrathi Corvette).
For the speech I can extract everyone, having all the WC Games ;)
I've put into FC the voices from WC2 and WC3 as a try (think at Doomsday saying "Maybe will survive this after all!") plus I've reworked Prophecy vids to meet the "green faces" from WC3!
If you need something let me know!

I'd defintely like to get a copy of your stuff. Send me the briefing that causes the bug. You're right in that I don't have special handling for corvettes at the moment.

@Vemon: Hey, you fixed the Barracuda so now I presume the model finally has its turrets showing!

Awesome, now all those ships need are some turret AI and the will be as formindable as they were in WCP and SO. By the way, Eddie. Have you had much time to work towards turret AI or have you been nearly as busy as I have been these past months?

Anyway, thanks for the new scripts and nav names eddie.

Eddie, I'll have been a little busy, so I'll send the briefing ASAP! For the ship pack, if everything goes as I planned, next week will be in your mailbox!

About the patch: You're The Best, just like ever! But I miss two things: the SHIPAREA_FULL (or ALL as you prefer ;)) because I'm lazy to write 4 statements instead of one ;) and the possibility to set armor and shields with a percentage (from 0 to 1) according at ship declarations. This causes a little probs when you're restoring armor and shields to a ship different from the player's one.
Example: I create a random number of different random friendly ships, and at certain point i want to restore their shields and armor... That's a little problem saving a random number of variables to do that!
Heve you a suggestion of what can i do?
Thanks!

Venom said:
Eddie, I'll have been a little busy, so I'll send the briefing ASAP! For the ship pack, if everything goes as I planned, next week will be in your mailbox!

About the patch: You're The Best, just like ever! But I miss two things: the SHIPAREA_FULL (or ALL as you prefer ;)) because I'm lazy to write 4 statements instead of one ;) and the possibility to set armor and shields with a percentage (from 0 to 1) according at ship declarations. This causes a little probs when you're restoring armor and shields to a ship different from the player's one.
Example: I create a random number of different random friendly ships, and at certain point i want to restore their shields and armor... That's a little problem saving a random number of variables to do that!
Heve you a suggestion of what can i do?
Thanks!

Hehe, I'm not going to do the ALL/FULL part. You can write your own lua function to do that. But I've just added a Ship_getMaxArmor and a Ship_getMaxShields. These are documented in the usual place. Get it here:

http://flightcommander.solsector.net/fc1.3.3bpatch.zip

You could write your own function in lua to compute and set the percentages.

Thanks a lot! I just reworked near everything of my endless-coding gauntlets...
I made a couple of functions to restore these values using percentages in lua and putted them in the flightcommander.lua so them will be ever avaible!
Having 2 questions :) :
- There's a way to override the launch and landing cutscenes? (Thinking to do WC1 and WC2 stile cutscenes!)
- There's a way to set the energy of guns? (it can be a bonus of my gauntlet giving for a limited time more energy!)

There should be enoughs scripting stuff in there to do custom cutscenes in lua. I'm waiting to see if someone writes one succesfully first, and then I'll put in the code to disable the default ones. I can add a script for setting the energy as a percent.

Please send over your new flightcommander.lua so I can put the new stuff in the official one.

Back