New FC campaign; Wing Commander: Affliction

WOO! Got my first mission complete, sadly, I'm working on how to get the Ship_SetForceEject to work. Iceblade, You are being really helpful, I have to ask you one thing, what exactly goes in the "<mission name>.lua"? If I can get the information on that I can have 2 missions up and running.

I presume you are refering to what actually goes into the file itself, well essientially any and all scripted events:
setting when objectives are completed or failed

in-game/in-mission cutscenes

programmed events like ejections, deaths, jumps, special comms, etc.

and a variety of other things.

First mission is set, all it is really is the same first mission, except that the briefing is different, and the messages are new. Iceblade, can you give me an example of a what goes into a <mission name>.lua file for a forced eject? I still have trouble with it.

NEW: WEBSITE UPDATED! The first mission is zipped and ready for download. It will replace all your <mission_a1> files, so make a copy of FC and place it in there if you don't want to lose your original mission_a1.

NEW: Mission 2 and 3 are complete. Also ALWAYS check your communications, it will give you some story lines and info on your next mission

I see the problem, I saved it to the wrong part. Sorry about that I'll fix it are you sure you don't see it? I checked my website and it says it is up for download. Just copy and paste this text into the address box, www.geocities.com/winnyfred2 and to see the download, scroll down below the picture, and when you reach the bottom, look to your left and the downloads are there.

Once you have downloaded the part 1, I'd like some feed back (remember it's only a beta.) On what you think, if you think it's good, please say so, if you think it's horrible say so. I will do my best to improve it.

Well I tried it out, looks nice, although there are quite a few spelling errors in the briefings. The missions feel very similar to my demo missions, which is fine.

I had to leave for lunch earlier, so I couldn't finish my post. For part 2 I want some story ideas, like for missions, and can someone post a download link for the Excalibur? I'd like to replace the panther with the Excalibur and the panther be an experimental fighter in part 2 and if you eject you never get to use it and if you pass, it is a usable fighter. (Which would make some missions easier.) Oh, and sorry if the missions are sort of like the demo you made eddieb, I'll try to make the other missions more like my own.

Fixed it up the Tigershark is now the Excalibur. It replaced the panther (which will now be an experimental fighter.)

Also: News from the front, if you downloaded part 1, you might want to stop. I got, thanks to eddiebs basic cutscene, a jump scene! I took eddies and played with the words sorry if i plagiarized. I can't lua script very well, eddieb, please don't take it wrong but could you be more descriptive in the lua scritpting? Like make an example of everything? Like you did with the campaign editing.

The best way to learn is just to get at scripting head first and if you have any questions, ask them on the board (after you have checked with the scripting examples).

Oh, and you definitely want to start simple.

How simple can I get? I looked at the examples, it all looked a bit complicated. Awesome new combat song, it's called Guarded by Disturbed.
Goes very well while fighting

Back