New DosBox version 0.61

Jemm

Hey I changed the EMS thing on dosbox .61 and the memory error went away but now I get:
Privateer CD not found

JEMM unloaded
What can I do next?
-Desperate to play privateer

Try just copying the whole disc somewhere and modifying the config file you've installed to look directly there for the game contents.

Or make sure you mounted your CD-drive as CD-Rom ( -t cdrom ). - I forgot that twice myself. If it still doesn't work, I'd say ChrisReid's way is the way to go ;)

I installed the non cd privateer with .61 and it worked with sound beautifuly. there was no speech, however, so i installed the privateer speach pack to the same directory and now dosbox crashes, ? what now. thanks for the input.

got it working never mind. I have just spent the last 8 hours reliving the best game I have ever played....

Unregistered said:
got it working never mind. I have just spent the last 8 hours reliving the best game I have ever played....

Did you do something special? I have the speech package but did not install it yet (I did a few years ago, but then my computer wasn't running XP!)

Guess your Pc must be a pretty good machine, considering how slow Priv runs on .61 on any machine under 2.5GHz

Guess your Pc must be a pretty good machine, considering how slow Priv runs on .61 on any machine under 2.5GHz
Hmm. I've seen a 2Ghz CPU running it at normal speed. But then again that guy used frameskip 1 or 2...

I actually installed the entire CD version to C:\PRIVATER and then went into dosbox to install the game into the same directory. Dont ask me how but it works with speech and does do the JEMM unloaded thing. My rig is a 3.0 gig with nvidia 5900 and a gig of ram. I used the recomaned framerates from wqued. the frame rates are good except when I get close to jump holes and it is alittle slower. (not enough to be an isssue). Hope this helps someone.

I stand corrected, it works fast enough only in machines above 2GHz
Anyway, it worked pretty well on my computer APART from being sloooooooooooooow. I mean, everything works, sound, music, speech, joystick... the only problem is that it is too slow. But in 2670 the confederation labs will finally release DOSBOX .62, and then my greatx20 grandchildren will play it fine.

Still can't play after Dosbox and Myjemm!!

I've always have been a Privateer fans since my high school days. I was delighted to have downloaded a copy now but was horribly dissapointed that I could even watch the intro.

My system is a Pentium II 733MHz running Win98. DosBox (no EMS) or Myjemm wasn't able to get the game loaded and displayed message about Error code:D002-FFFF, Program halted by code, jemm unloaded.

I really dunno what to do and would appreciate anyone outthere who can help me!

Back