New Detroit Landing Pad

Skia

Spaceman
I've landed on New Detroit (with Tarus and Demon) and I can't seem to get the area transitions.

I can't even seem to launch again, the background works with all the various vechicals flying around but I can't pull up the transition to the concourse.

I'm using a GeForce 2 GTS with 512 RAM on Win2k if that helps.

If someone knows what might be causing this please let me know.

Thanks

What do you mean?
Do you have a working mouse cursor?
Did you try right-clicking (this cycles through the options automatically, and tells you in a text line at the bottom which one is selected, just left-click when you see "launch" or "concourse")?
If the previous thing doesn't work, please give some more details about what's happening.

I do have a working mouse cursor in that I can move the cursor around on the screen but the concourse transition does not appear in the lower left.

I attempted the right click but nothing happened and when I attempt to left click on my demon it will not launch nor does the Launch text appear in the lower left.

The bottom left text simply remains "Landing Pad" and I cannot get to either Concourse or Launch again. I am for lack of a better term stuck on the landing pad.

Well, it happened to me once, and it was corrupted .spr files. Try to replace the files in sprites/bases/new_detroit with fresh files. If you're using 1.0, don't take them from the CVS, they won't work. Rather, take them from the original 1.0 download file. If that fixes it, perhaps you should refresh the entire srpites folder, just in case other bases got screwed up as well.

Yes a reinstall solved the problem. Thanks I'll know to do this again if the same issue pops up.

Back