New board upgrade..

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
I just wanna say, I think the new design is excellent. Much easier to use, faster & more responsive. Yummy.

Or, to boil it down, "Me like!..."

At first glance I sorta thought to myself "awww, I like the old one better"... although after about 15 minutes this one is now starting to grow on me a bit :)

Ugh. Okay, but I've just noticed the 1 post every 90 seconds. That, unfortunately, sucks :( And I don't believe 90 is the default, which kinda indicates it's here to stay :(

It's not too different from the old one.

The default time limit is 60 seconds, and we regularly got double posts with that. So now it's 90.

You would think people would be smart enough to delete double posts when they occur so you wouldn't have to go to that length just to stop them happening :(

So... are there any more color schemes on the way? :D

Only admins and moderators can delete posts.

No new schemes are planned right now, because we have a number of problems to solve first.

The "delete" option is disabled, akashra... for the following reason, LOAF explained to me: "Otherwise people might then delete an old post and claim they never said one such thing"...

To which I reply: "People could very well edit their post to 'nothingness', and the result would be the same, except for one empty post"... but I don't want to argue with admins... :)

As for getting accustomed to "new" things, same here...
It's a common behaviour: you don't like something the first time, then you get accustomed, and end up liking it even more than what you were used to before...
Same when you switch schools... :)

Doesn't always work of course...

I know Kris, that's why I suggested to enable the option to "delete for a short period after posting", which comes to the same thing...

We've seen in the past that instead of deleting the duplicate post, a lot of people post again saying "sorry, double post".

Mmmhhh okay then...

But my idea of the "delete" option was about people writing something, then changing their mind and wishing they never wrote it...

But it's okay... it's just a minor detail...

Back