New 3D Thread

Thanks for the help! Does anyone know how to make these models work in blender without spending lots of money on new software?

After seeing your epic take on the Taurus, I'd love to see how you envision the Galaxy or the Orion someday, that'd be amazing. :)

Thanks! Got it working in blender now :)

I hate to ask but is there any chance of the models in the Terran and Kilrathi model packs also getting converted to work in blender?
Look on the HW mod thread, Luna got some personnal problems, so I don't think he'll be able to post here for one or two weeks.

@crazycanuck I have most if not all the models properly ported out and I think I have a couple of them in my mediafire account but a quarter of klavs models are broken and are unusable unless you know how to UV textures and make new textures yourself. Which ones are you looking for in particular and I will compile them into one simple thing to send them to you. Also is there any limit to the polys you need for your project otherwise my job becomes easier to get them blender ready.

@crazycanuck I have most if not all the models properly ported out and I think I have a couple of them in my mediafire account but a quarter of klavs models are broken and are unusable unless you know how to UV textures and make new textures yourself. Which ones are you looking for in particular and I will compile them into one simple thing to send them to you. Also is there any limit to the polys you need for your project otherwise my job becomes easier to get them blender ready.

Basically, I'm hoping to get the WC I and II ships working in Freespace Open (maybe eventually Star Citizen). I plan on starting small and going from there. If I could get the ferret, Sartha, confed pilot and Caveravin Station models that would get me off to a great start. Im not too worried about poly limits at this time.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things are rectified soon. Thanks for all your help!

Centurion!

Attachments

• c.JPG
    c.JPG
    516 KB · Views: 268
"There she is - one Tarsus, prepped, primed, loaded, locked, and ready to kick some ass."

*dubious sideways glance*

"Look, she's mine, okay? That's all that really matters."

Gorgeous Tarsus, Klavs! :)

Submitted via Facebook. Pretty good, I think! :)

Attachments

• 11269283_863256777045225_7175300303282934701_o.jpg
    11269283_863256777045225_7175300303282934701_o.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 308
Klavs81, I am sorry to say that I've only just now started scrolling through your work.

All time up until now was wasted time.

Excellent work!

Hey, Klavs, are you taking model requests?

Also, can someone convert these DAE models to a more well-known format, like .3DS? A lot of them don't work if I try to import them into Blender.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Kevin, not really, no time to work on WC stuff right now, but if you put a bug in my ear now, who knows how long it'll take to gestate? :)

Back