New 3D Thread

Wow Klavs, your models always impress me! The Bearcat may have been a one-scene wonder, but it is a cool craft, nice take on it. :cool:

And that Tarsus, golly! What else can I say but, amazing work. :D

Once again Klavs, you've outdone yourself. The thing I like most about your models is how true they hold to the spirit of the original ship designs, but you're able to include modern touches or eliminate things that may seem anachronistic without making the ship unrecognizable. I knew that was a Tarsus the moment I looked at it, despite all the additional detail you added.

Thanks guys! I've underestimated how much I miss doing the odd WC thing to clear my head. And my head seems to need a lot of clearing lately, stand by! :)

Thanks guys! I've underestimated how much I miss doing the odd WC thing to clear my head. And my head seems to need a lot of clearing lately, stand by! :)

You josh us!

Tell us you're taking a break from WC modeling and then proceed to release several designs. Haven't seen ANY drop-off in quantity or quality!

Pleased to see you haven't let anything cramp your style! :cool:

Superb work for one of my favourite fighters in the original game!

Obvious question, Klavs: would it be possible to use that beauty in the Homeworld mod, once we get to upgrading the Wing Commander IV era ships? :)

Superb work for one of my favourite fighters in the original game!

Obvious question, Klavs: would it be possible to use that beauty in the Homeworld mod, once we get to upgrading the Wing Commander IV era ships? :)

I planned ahead and saved my low poly framework. Should be relatively simple to bake the HD onto the low poly. What size/kind textures do you need, spec, normal, etc?

I planned ahead and saved my low poly framework. Should be relatively simple to bake the HD onto the low poly. What size/kind textures do you need, spec, normal, etc?
Well, I can use pretty much any kind. The "hard limitation" is 65535 polygons for the model, but I can go around it if the model can be subdivized in sub-models without loss of texture data. For the Saga files, they had for example each engine, turret part and other stuff being separated objects of the mesh that you could see in the architecture in Blender, so I could delete for example all the files related to the hangar of the Hvar'Kann and save the exterior as a file, then take the original file again and then delete the exterior, so in the end, I would load several different models at once in the ship editor to make a ship.

As for the textures, I'm not sure (I don't know a lot about the creation of 3D models), though I had for the Saga ships one to three texture files, which, in the editor, can be associated to $diffuse (the main one), $glow and $shine. Normally, the $diffuse is more than enough, especially for a fighter-sized craft.

Thanks again for your help! :)

Well heck, the Hakaga is only 50K a side! (left and right sides are provided in the model)

You guys are welcome to use anything in my model packs, I just haven't got a whole lot of time to spare to do low poly versions. I'll see what I can do about the Bearcat though, since I was smart enough to plan ahead for once. :)

Attachments

• Hakaga.JPG
    Hakaga.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 260
Well heck, the Hakaga is only 50K a side! (left and right sides are provided in the model)

You guys are welcome to use anything in my model packs, I just haven't got a whole lot of time to spare to do low poly versions. I'll see what I can do about the Bearcat though, since I was smart enough to plan ahead for once. :)
No problem, we already have most of the stuff needed for the planned development of the mod (though the Bearcat model is likely to reduce the workload of our modeler) and your ships are an awesome bonus as it is. And I get the time issues (final year PhD myself). :)

Hey Klavs,

As always, very nice work on the Bearcat and nice to see your thread active again.
Since you've donated your impressive hires models to our project my brother is been working with modo, which is by the way a very powerful tool, and he is importing your birds to our game engine in both high and low poly. However, there are two models of yours that we would be glad if we could get them from you somehow since they were not included into the packages that you offered us. I am talking about your Arrow and your Dralthi IV models. Since we found ways to make them low polies we will only need your hi poly models, if you are interested in giving them to us off course.
And since you mentioned the following...

we would gladly accept your Bearcat too! ;)

Here she is guys, 5006 polygons of low poly Bearcat!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhxn7a94td26blt/Bearcat Low Poly.zip?dl=0

Feel free to use in any project you like, Maslas Bros, this means you too! :)

If I catch anyone selling these models I will go hairless ape on you! :D

Cheers,

-Klavs
Awesome! I'm going to port it tonight in HW.

Thanks!

Edit: huh, it's a bit weird, when I try to import it in Blender, the file doesn't show any mesh.

Edit 2: OK, so it seems the rendering is already on the .dae, which Blender does not take well. Does anyone has any idea or suggestion on to how to bypass this kind of problem? Never mind, fixed.

Last edited:
@Klavs81 Hey one of the team members of the HW2 mod. Klavs your raptor model seems to have broken textures and doesn't apply the textures correctly, the scimitar seem to be missing a panel on the sides and the forward landing gear creates a noticable hole in the model, also the shiraak hanger seems to be missing a texture file and doesn't apply correctly. Mind doing a quick touch up, really love your work but I am not that very experienced in make those edits.

Awesome! I'm going to port it tonight in HW.

Thanks!

Edit: huh, it's a bit weird, when I try to import it in Blender, the file doesn't show any mesh.

Edit 2: OK, so it seems the rendering is already on the .dae, which Blender does not take well. Does anyone has any idea or suggestion on to how to bypass this kind of problem? Never mind, fixed.

I have the same problem. How did you fix it?

Back