Need pics of WCM fighters

Lynx

Spaceman
Could someone please find pics of the KF-100 Dralthi and the WCM Rapier for me? Please post them here.

The WC in Russia site had a few good pics of the Rapier (pictures which will suit your needs perfectly, if modelling is what you have in mind) but I don't know their exact URL... and I don't know if they have the Dralthi there as well (never bothered to check).

Probably the best pics, if you're looking for modelling references, would be the ones from the Confed Handbook. Heck, I'd scan 'em in for you right now, but... no scanner and all that :p. I'm sure there's somebody here with both a scanner and the Handbook, though.

Credit for Rapier pictures toWing Commander in Russia

WCM Rapier
cf117_2.gif

cf117_1.gif

Like Eder said, no pics of the Dralthi there, at least, none that I could find.

Wow, that Rapier looks absolutely horrible. I'd rather fly a turd with a model rocket engine and a rubberband gun.

Well, it depends. In wc2, yes. Flying a rapier is like flying a lit stick of dynamite. Sooner or later, it's gonna blow, and there's not too much you can do about it. For the longest time, I held Sabres in the same regard, but, after time, I learned how to get more use out of a Sabre. It was all in my tactics.

But, in wc1, Rapiers are pretty sweet. I'd prefer a Raptor, but Rapiers are still good. Still, though, you'd all bow to me in a Ferret. I'd destroy all of you. And, if you denied me a Ferret, I'll take a WCIII Arrow. The only drawback to the Arrow is that it doesn't have enough decoys. It could use more afterburner fuel, too.

-Nick Blitz

overmortal said:
Well, it depends. In wc2, yes. Flying a rapier is like flying a lit stick of dynamite. Sooner or later, it's gonna blow, and there's not too much you can do about it. For the longest time, I held Sabres in the same regard, but, after time, I learned how to get more use out of a Sabre. It was all in my tactics.

But, in wc1, Rapiers are pretty sweet. I'd prefer a Raptor, but Rapiers are still good. Still, though, you'd all bow to me in a Ferret. I'd destroy all of you. And, if you denied me a Ferret, I'll take a WCIII Arrow. The only drawback to the Arrow is that it doesn't have enough decoys. It could use more afterburner fuel, too.

-Nick Blitz

and id take you out in my Raptor, Saber, Thud, Banshee, Wasp

Actually, the Raptor is probably the only ship I wouldn't take on in a Ferret. Simply because one good solid hit with full guns and my end would be fiery shame. For taking on a Raptor, I suggest . . hmm . . another Raptor. Or, oddly enough, a Sabre. Ooh . . maybe a Broadsword . . . if you could only get beyond that maneuverability problem. The turrets would give you an advantage, though.

-Nick Blitz

At any rate, the Rapier from the movie looks absolutely nothing like the Rapier from the game(s). It looks like a cross between a F-4U Corsair and a penis.

Because it isn't the same universe.

Maverick didn't meet Maniac on the Tigers Claw, the Tigers Claw is a submarine, the kilrathi are stupid enough to be unable to distinguish between an annomoly in space and a terran fleet, they're also green and rubbery, skipper missiles are introduced far too early, there was a war with an offshoot of the human race known as the pilgrims, the kilrathi getting to earth is not a matter of the number of jumps or getting passed defences but simply of a navcom AI, taggart is russian, blair is a gay pilgrim, maniac doesn't fulfill his role as comic relief adequatley....

basically don't get the two confused, some of the people on these boards will spin you long long tales about how you can piece the film and games together, these theories are a stretch when it comes to the Resident Evil movie they are a joke when it comes to the Wing Commander movie.

Love or hate the movie don't try and mix up the two universes, were Wing Commander not a bigger name I'm certain this movie would have been set in the Starlancer universe.

Maverick didn't meet Maniac on the Tigers Claw,

You've lost me on this one -- Blair meets Maniac at the Academy in the movie, the TV show and in the games...

the Tigers Claw is a submarine,

Assuming we're not addressing this literally, how is this any different from changing the look of the 'Claw for Wing Commander Academy or for Super Wing Commander (or, for that matter, between the beginning and end of Wing Commander 1 itself -- count the engines)?

I'll tell you how it's different: you're not digging for excuses to discredit any of these other sources.

the kilrathi are stupid enough to be unable to distinguish between an annomoly in space and a terran fleet,

Ignoring the Confed Handbooks more obvious explanation (which I believe, but also find silly), the nature of things like quasars (specifically, quasars) is that they put out a lot of radio signals. Scientists on Earth have been tricked by exactly that before -- thinking that the emissions of a quasar are intelligent signals.

they're also green and rubbery

The Kilrathi are not green (they're brown) -- they're in a green atmosphere. They are no more or less rubbery than the rubber Kilrathi in WC3 or 4.

, skipper missiles are introduced far too early,

A matter of semantics -- neither the movie nor WC3 state that Skippers do not exist already. Eisen claims that the Kilrathi are testing "a new type of cloaked missile". It would make sense for cloaked missiles (especially larger ones like in the movie) to exist *before* cloaked fighters, no?

there was a war with an offshoot of the human race known as the pilgrims,

Oh, well, I'm *sure* that in the 600 years of completely undocumented history between now and WC1 in the WC universe that makind *never* fought amongst itself over *anything*. Note: sarcasm.

the kilrathi getting to earth is not a matter of the number of jumps or getting passed defences but simply of a navcom AI,

The Navcom AI, plus capture of the Dakota System where exists an unusual jump to Earth...

taggart is russian,

I'm... not sure you're right about that...

blair is a gay pilgrim,

And what does this contradict with? What was Blair's stated religion *before* the movie came out?

There are plenty of legitimate complaints about the WC movie. These aren't them.

I have an idea. We should all pool our resources, acting abilities, and whatnot, and make our own Wing Commander movies. (No, I don't actually expect this to happen, and would probably want to shoot myself once I saw the result if it DID happen)

We, being the people who know the WC history (most of you know way more than me), would write out a good plot and script about whatever time-frames we chose. The ships, characters, and events would be bloody accurate, and we wouldn't come off looking like a bunch of money-hungry idiots. We'd come off looking like a bunch of REALLY overzealous fanboys with too much money and time on our hands. That's much better . . . I think . . .

I'll be honest, at first I was sketchy about the movie but I rather enjoyed it and prefered that it break away from the game series. If the movie is to be exactly like the game, then why not just make another game instead?
And there is no point including the same plot lines, eg, A movie of Wing Commander 3 (FMV Game for those who cannot remember). It would be a little strange.

Back